Oct 18, 2022
Gardnerville, Nevada
First Name
Steve
Willys Model
  1. Forward Control
Willys Year:
  1. 1957
I bought the 150 that I found on this site, the one in Willits, California.

I hauled it back to Nevada where I live (near Carson City). Cant wait to get started on it in spring (its a bit cold here in winter).

I generally restore cars/trucks to original specs, but this time and I will be restoring it to MY specs. Nothing crazy, but Im not gonna build it to 100 point resto.

Its pretty complete, just missing a few bits (plus whatever I find missing during teardown).

Things that I KNOW are missing, and will need-
  1. FC150 Badges !! If anyone has any, please let me know....or if you have some that I could have scanned, we could all have 3D printed ones available!
  2. All the glass except quarters (I have sourced these new, thank god....lol)
  3. Headlight buckets.... can someone confirm they are the same as CJ3B?
  4. Tailgate- I imagine these are hard to find, may have to fabricate one.
Im glad to find a FC forum, I am a member of several for my other cars, so I look forward to your collective advice and friendship with you all.

Steve

Hi Steve. Sounds like a great project. I'm new here too. And will need some badges for my rig too. Curious where you source them or get .STL to print them.

I live in Carson City. I restored a 150. I have pictures on this form under My ‘62 FC and under electric power steering. Both are about 3 screens back on my computer. I added power steering, power brakes, electric windows, electric wiper and more. Right now getting new radiator. Been at this 5 years and spent a lot of money rebuilding every single part.

Welcome to OWF Steve!

The part numbers in the Forward Control Parts List for the headlight buckets show 908688 for the left one and 908682 for the right one.

If any of the folks on here has
Parts Lists for the other Willys models, they can check on interchangeability.

There's a possibly that Greg / @diggerG might have some he'd be willing to part with, as I think I recall him mentioning that he had an FC-150 that he was parting out. Maybe the tailgate. Those emblems are a little tougher to find, but there is a guy who posts on the Jeep Forward Control FC-150 FC-170 & M-series FB page, Gary Konwinski, that seems to have them occasionally.

I'm guessing that this is your new project:
(...Willits, CA -- headlight buckets, emblems and glass missing, from http://www.ewillys.com/2022/10/10/1957-fc-150-willits-ca-1850/)

1670448870143.png

1670448941442.png

1670449017207.png

1670449046368.png

Looks like a decent foundation.

Please do share lots of pictures as your project progresses!

I bought the 150 that I found on this site, the one in Willits, California.

I hauled it back to Nevada where I live (near Carson City). Cant wait to get started on it in spring (its a bit cold here in winter).

I generally restore cars/trucks to original specs, but this time and I will be restoring it to MY specs. Nothing crazy, but Im not gonna build it to 100 point resto.

Its pretty complete, just missing a few bits (plus whatever I find missing during teardown).

Things that I KNOW are missing, and will need-
  1. FC150 Badges !! If anyone has any, please let me know....or if you have some that I could have scanned, we could all have 3D printed ones available!
  2. All the glass except quarters (I have sourced these new, thank god....lol)
  3. Headlight buckets.... can someone confirm they are the same as CJ3B?
  4. Tailgate- I imagine these are hard to find, may have to fabricate one.
Im glad to find a FC forum, I am a member of several for my other cars, so I look forward to your collective advice and friendship with you all.

Steve
Hi
Grapevine says message you! I have badges (used with patina) and headlight buckets. No tailgate let me know what you need.
Welcome to the site Steve!
diggerG

Welcome to OWF Steve!

The part numbers in the Forward Control Parts List for the headlight buckets show 908688 for the left one and 908682 for the right one.

If any of the folks on here has
Parts Lists for the other Willys models, they can check on interchangeability.

There's a possibly that Greg / @diggerG might have some he'd be willing to part with, as I think I recall him mentioning that he had an FC-150 that he was parting out. Maybe the tailgate. Those emblems are a little tougher to find, but there is a guy who posts on the Jeep Forward Control FC-150 FC-170 & M-series FB page, Gary Konwinski, that seems to have them occasionally.

I'm guessing that this is your new project:
(...Willits, CA -- headlight buckets, emblems and glass missing, from http://www.ewillys.com/2022/10/10/1957-fc-150-willits-ca-1850/)

View attachment 131208

View attachment 131209

View attachment 131210

View attachment 131211

Looks like a decent foundation.

Please do share lots of pictures as your project progresses!
I just happened to have my master parts list handy and the 2 part numbers the other Joe referenced are the same as the wagon, delivery and pick up so there should be plenty of parts out there.

I live in Carson City. I restored a 150. I have pictures on this form under My ‘62 FC and under electric power steering. Both are about 3 screens back on my computer. I added power steering, power brakes, electric windows, electric wiper and more. Right now getting new radiator. Been at this 5 years and spent a lot of money rebuilding every single part.
Thanks! I would love to meet up with you sometime and have a look at your FC !

Steve

Back