Apr 8, 2021
Michigan
First Name
Marty
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1947
I know your not going to believe this, but I found a mouse nest behind the fly wheel on the 47. I think thats a piece of 8 track tape. Yes, those are scotch bottles in the back ground. They got me this far.PXL_20210715_000806924.jpg

I've seen mouse nests in really strange places. The strangest was when I was asked to help a local boat shop diagnose an outboard problem. The motor would not crank over but I could turn it backwards until it stopped in that direction -about 30 degrees shy of a complete revolution. Started pulling plugs saw a little debris on # 1 -looked in with a bore camera -there was more -would not blow out. removed the head -one squished mouse! it was a V-6 Merc. the other top cylinder also had some nest in it. How and why do the get through the prop ,up the motor leg and into the cylinder through the exhaust port?

I had one in the bell housing of my Dauntless powered '71 cj5. Them little varmints know a good home when they find one. Until the first crank in springtime that is.
I believe it. those critters will move in anywhere

Damned right they do...!!........

Zoom in.......look just to the left of the U joint........Whiskers....Black eye.....pink ear...............I....See.....You...!!..!!..............

a few years ago............i had spotted this little bastard scurrying across the floor a few days prior.....before he had a chance to make new home for himself......

i then chased him across the garage where he then took refuge in the transmission output shaft housing .of my friends 52 truck ....so over the next few days,....... i set few traps out with some cheese and peanut butter........ and ironically.....this was during the same time i was wiring my 51 truck.........and there was no way in Hell i was gunna let that bastard chew on the wiring of either one of our trucks.!!...

.i had over a months time in so far on my wiring so that ........Wasnt Gunna Happen..!!! ......

Now you see'em.....

IMG_20171004_132351982.jpg

...CRACK....!!....Now You Dont..!!........i came home from work few days later .......and was promptly told to go collect my prize......HuH..??

and so i walk to laundry room and found door closed..??.........then i hear it....Yeek...Ek eek.....eeee.....eeeeeeekk..!!....something scrabbling about......

.i opened the door....and this is what i found......Haw Haw Haw....!!!........told ya i was Gunna Git Ya Sucka.....!!

Warning........Graphic Content..........Viewer Discretion is Advised..!!

IMG_20171009_180239394.jpg

.....this was very promptly followed by Summary Mafia Style Execution.......two shots.....skin touch range.........followed by swift disposal of corpse.....

IMG_20171009_182024960.jpg

......his buddies probably saw his demise and decided its not a good idea to go in there .....and went elsewhere for food .....Hey where's Frank.??......Uh well ....he didnt make it out .......(.i should have strung him up outside as a warning to other mice.....this is what happens to all wire chewers.....)

since then,.... i have not seen or heard any more field mice .....though i had thought there were two ....but this one is all i got and that was enough.
we do have a couple chipmunks running around the neighborhood.. but am not really worried bout those though....( suffer same fate if caught.)

Larry

Attachments

• IMG_20171004_132351982.jpg
    IMG_20171004_132351982.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Years ago I bought an old 6 cyl Ford. The thing would start and idle nice, but it couldn't get out of it's own way. I limped home and started trying to diagnose the problem, Points were good, it had good spark. I pulled the top off the air cleaner and to my surprise: No element in the housing, but a mouse spread eagle over the intake of the one barrel carb nice and crispy fried. He went in through the intake (horn), he thought he had a nice new home until we started the engine

Back