Gear Grinder
Feb 3, 2020
thomasville alabama
First Name
michael
Willys Model
Forward Control
Willys Year:
I have the wiring diagram in the shop manual and even in the parts manual but the wire colors are not shown . I need to know the colors of the wires so I can re-install a couple that came loose while removing the dash . I sure wish that master cylinder was in a easier place to get to . Can anyone direct me to a color coded diagram ?

Joe B

Well Oiled
Dec 17, 2012
Sandston, VA
First Name
Joe
Willys Model
Forward Control
Willys Year:
Michael,
I don't know of a wiring diagram with the colors of the wiring.

See if this helps:

Let me know if you need more.

kfnut

Gear Grinder
Feb 3, 2020
thomasville alabama
First Name
michael
Willys Model
Forward Control
Willys Year:
Thanks for the video . I did not see the wire I was looking for but maybe you know where it goes . It looks white and has the male end of a bullet connector on it .
Also I would like to know how many gauge cluster lights are in there . I see one in place and one loose . I see four holes on the right side and four on the left that appear to be for light bulbs . Can you tell me which holes get the lights ?
Thanks again for the help .
Michael

Joe B

Well Oiled
Dec 17, 2012
Sandston, VA
First Name
Joe
Willys Model
Forward Control
Willys Year:

kfnut

Gear Grinder
Feb 3, 2020
thomasville alabama
First Name
michael
Willys Model
Forward Control
Willys Year:
That's great news . I will check it ASAP . I was sort of disgusted with the wiring thing and have not worked on it in awhile . I asked a parts supplier who had a wiring harness for sale with a color coded diagram if they would sell me a diagram but never heard back from them . I don't need to spend $300.00 for a harness just to get a diagram .

Mark from Wisconsin

Gear Grinder
Jul 9, 2020
Milwaukee Wisconsin
First Name
Mark
Willys Model
Forward Control
Willys Year:
Mike,

I too am rewiring MOST of the truck. I pulled the gas tank, and of course, the wires back there that fire up the rear lights were frayed. Gas tank sending unit wire was very brittle. We don't need any sparking or heating up toaster-like back by the gas tank!. No better time to run new than when that big ol' tank is out. AND a good time to run a power and ground for the new electric fuel pump. and replace the worn body mount bushings, and fuel tank filler connector tube, and replace the 11 very rusted, schedule 8 - 5/8" bed mount bolts, etc etc. I have about 8 spools of 12 ga. different colors and will run fresh from switch back to the lights / fuel tank sending unit and new pump.

While I am at it, I'll rig up the seven pin trailer hitch and rig for electric brake. May never use it but what the heck, its only two more wires. Lights (1) Turn signals (2) ground wire (1) Fuel pump (1), Fuel sending unit (1), Electric trailer brake hook (1). how about a back up light?

Am I missing anything? it never seems to end. But that's part of the fun!

Greg5565

Well Oiled
Oct 3, 2013
Brentwood, TN
First Name
Greg
Willys Model
Wagon, Pickup
Willys Year:
1963, 1964
White with a bullet connector could also be to the headlight switch - are they near the headlight switch at the backside of the dash?

kfnut

Gear Grinder
Feb 3, 2020
thomasville alabama
First Name
michael
Willys Model
Forward Control
Willys Year:
Update on my wiring problem . I finally remembered an old Motor's wiring diagram book I had and looked up the the diagram for a station wagon which I thought would be the same or close . It wasn't color coded but it was bigger print and my eyes didn't cross trying to read it . I physically traced the wire to the left front park light . The diagram showed it going to a triangular shaped wire connecter . BINGO , that was it . I have the dash back together and have been on a test drive . My wife seen it running and started loading the flatbed with trash to be hauled . Oh well , I got to enjoy it for a short time anyway .

Peacekeepercdn

Knuckle Buster
Oct 29, 2020
Manitoba Canada
First Name
Stephane
Willys Model
Forward Control
Willys Year:
Hello,
I am new to this site and my uncle and I are currently working on his new/old purchace of a 1957 FC150. We currently do not have the service manual but we are looking for a wring diagram for this truck. Does anyone know or have one of these documents by any chance?

Bottlecapdigger

Bigger Hammer
Jun 15, 2020
Ontario Canada
First Name
Ron
Willys Model
Pickup
Willys Year:
I'm studying the electrical drawing and confused why there is a foot dimmer switch ( assuming it's for high and low beam) if there's only 2 wires going to each headlight? BCD.

Joe B

Well Oiled
Dec 17, 2012
Sandston, VA
First Name
Joe
Willys Model
Forward Control
Willys Year:
The ground return paths for the electrical components are not indicated on the diagrams, but these grounds do (ideally) occur at the subassemblies through a short jumper or direct electrical contact of the part with the body and/or frame.

Contemporary vehicle wiring diagrams will typically show a short run of ground conductor terminated with this "chassis ground" symbol:

1604243861834.png

Here is an image of an FC-170 headlight bucket. There's a short ground jumper between a headlight pin connector and a headlight bucket mounting point. The harness delivers two wires to this bucket, one that powers the high beam element, and another the low beam element. These three wires terminate in a molded three-pin connector.

1604244339737.png

As additional examples, in the wiring diagrams above, you'll see that the ground paths for the Dome Light, the Fuel Gauge Tank Unit, and the Tail and Stop Lamps are also not indicated.

Note that the Forward Control wiring diagrams do not include a separate power source for a Licence Plate Lamp. The plates on the FCs are mounted below one of the tail lights, and are illuminated by the running light bulb via a clear plastic window on the bottom of the lens.