Oct 26, 2016
Gardner, Kansas
First Name
Ben
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1957
Yesterday, between other tasks I received my threaded inserts and machine screws. So I worked on the fuel side of the airtex first; drilling out holes and tapping new threads, threading in the insert, and the smoothing everything out.

20210401_165246.jpg

The goal is to create a fuel pump that won't come apart from threads pulling, or different heat expanion rates, etc. I also finished drilling and tapping the set screws for the fuel check valves and red locktited those into place. In the next few days I will finish up the vacuum side and start on the Carter pump rebuild.

More to come, as we prep for Pikes Peak and beyond.

Flinthillsben

Well Oiled
All-Star
Oct 26, 2016
Gardner, Kansas
First Name
Ben
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1957
20210410_155327.jpg

Whoa! That's not a Willys part...

The truck this disaster belongs to is blocking my work bay right now. Once it is done(hopefully this week) the projects for the wagon leading up to the trip are:

Pedal bushings
Pull rear wheels and hubs, check brakes, clean out any extra grease from the wheel bearings and reassemble.
Closer to the trip a 6,000 mile service(valves etc)
New oil filter housing
New WW super dizzy mount
Nuts and bolts check
Lube doors
Lube speedo and cable
Patch hole in headliner
Check front wheel bearings
Deep interior cleaning
And probably a few other things.

More to come.

20200724_143928.jpg

Flinthillsben

Well Oiled
All-Star
Oct 26, 2016
Gardner, Kansas
First Name
Ben
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1957
That would make for a fine painting.
I agree.

My Mother actually spent most of my life painting western landscapes with oil, had works on display around North America and Europe. Sadly, those days are over. The paintings are still out there, but it took a certain mindset to get the shots for the composition and then the quiet time to recreate them on canvas.

I can remember exploring the flint Hills of Kansas in the back of her first year Ford Explorer, all over the Oregon and Santa Fe trails, Wyoming, etc. while she shot millions of photos, waiting for the right light or mood. We went through tires like crazy, explored mountain passes, watched cowboys and farmers work the land and their animals.

I guess I can blame her for the millions of photos I snap everywhere I go.

markrh

Bigger Hammer
Dec 30, 2013
Winmalee Australia
First Name
mark
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1961
I agree.

My Mother actually spent most of my life painting western landscapes with oil, had works on display around North America and Europe. Sadly, those days are over. The paintings are still out there, but it took a certain mindset to get the shots for the composition and then the quiet time to recreate them on canvas.

I can remember exploring the flint Hills of Kansas in the back of her first year Ford Explorer, all over the Oregon and Santa Fe trails, Wyoming, etc. while she shot millions of photos, waiting for the right light or mood. We went through tires like crazy, explored mountain passes, watched cowboys and farmers work the land and their . animals

.I guess I can blame her for the millions of photos I snap everywhere I go
Bit easier in the digital age , as we can delete those photos that ain't quite right ,,,