Feb 2, 2018
Arkansas
First Name
Denver
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
Where is the best place to buy a tan headliner kit for my 1955 Willys Utility wagon?
I also need a steering wheel nut for the same vehicle (a good used nut is ok)

Greg5565, I can make the call for price etc...But have you ordered from them or know of their quality and fit?

Greg5565, I can make the call for price etc...But have you ordered from them or know of their quality and fit?
yes - I ordered my headliner from them. At the time, price was $249.99 plus shipping which was comparable to everyone else for a much larger selection of material and color. I ended up with an offwhite vinyl that is dotted pinholes versus a woven material. they also provided extra material for the visors and other items if needed. in looking on ebay the other day, i believe i saw where they went up to $299, if other suppliers haven't raised their prices, it may be worth a look at the regular suppliers like willysamerica, walcks or kw.

on quality, there was not an issue, superior quality, well sewn and excess, excess material. i had never done one of these so actually got help from a guy who has done them in a multitude of cars. you just take your time, secure an edge, secure the opposite edge and then slowly work back and forth on those same edges to pull equally tight and no puckering. saving grace for us was we had already replaced the channel material from the fiber whatever it was with new rubber that we stapled into. you will also need windlace and wire on welt.

Where is the best place to buy a tan headliner kit for my 1955 Willys Utility wagon?
I also need a steering wheel nut for the same vehicle (a good used nut is ok)
Thank you all for hour help. However I ended up ordering my headliner from Willys America. Probably paid too much, but my schedules were getting a little tight. And, at the time they were the only one that provided the whole kit in matching colors. I have ordered from them before and have generally been satisfied.
- Denver
P.S. Also have a steering wheel nut and two recoverable sun visors coming from Midwest Willys. For the moment i think I am in good shape, but thank you all anyway

Back