Aug 16, 2011
San Francisco, California
First Name
Dan
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1964
Today's caravan to Willys America was awesome. I think it was the best yet. There were over 20 Willys who joined in the caravan up to Cazadero. There were wagons, trucks, Jeepsters, CJ/MB/etc. both stock and modified and even a Commando, and a few Wranglers - a great group. Pics will get posted once I whittle down some of the 200+, but here are two videos as a sneak peak. Part 1 is pretty blurry unfortunately. I wasn't trying to be artistic.

Part 1:
[video=youtube;JUkJwNXX_Go]

Part 2:
[video=youtube;9s9ER1OiklM]

More to come. Thanks to Jim Russell for organizing and leading the caravan and to Paul Barry for hosting all of us at Willys America.

More pictures are coming soon!

Last edited:
Pretty cool, I wasn't there but my truck is...

I dropped it off last Friday.

I hope to make this next year, Looks like a lot of fun, thanks for the videos !

So the caravan to the Willys America Open House and BBQ starts in the South Bay, stops off just south of San Francisco, goes up through the city and stops again at the northern end of the Golden Gate Bridge. The caravan then continues north for about 40 miles to the town of Petaluma where the final stop at a local McDonald's to meet up with folks who drive in from the east (Sacramento/Lake Tahoe) or north (Eureka/Redding/etc.).

Summers in San Francisco are notoriously foggy due to the inland valley heat, but this year the fog layer was high enough you could see Willys crossing the Golden Gate Bridge. Here's comes Jim's brown-and-white wagon leading the caravan:

The group rolled in to the Golden Gate overlook:

And parked:

It was a great mix of Willys:

Tires were kicked:

Soon it was time to head off to the next rendezvous spot on the caravan: the McDonald's in Petaluma:

And get out of the fog!

Last edited:
The caravan from San Francisco rolled in to Petaluma McDonad's in Sonoma County and met up with another dozen or so Willys:

Our fearless leader's wagon rested on the edge of the group and got the rest of us in gear who were busy kicking tires.

We finally got going and left the interstate to head west on a two lane highway through vineyards, forests, and hills to Cazadero.

Nice pictures Dan! It looks like it was a Blast! How cool is seeing a long row of old Willys Trucks all rolling down the road together. Pivnic

Couldn't agree more Pivnic. My favorite part of the caravan is the last leg from Petaluma to Cazadero - winding country roads, slower speeds, and beautiful countryside.

And Steve, how did I miss you? Major bummer to not have met in person. I would have loved that.

This great photo spot is right before the turnoff of highway 116 to Cazadero:

Last edited:

Turnoff sign for Cazadero from Highway 116...

Rolling into Cazadero...

A friendly volunteer checked us in and gave each one of us a set of raffle tickets:

Last edited:
Cazadero is a former logging town. Today, it's largely a general store, a post office, a few houses, the hardware/feed store, and Willys America.

And on Saturday you couldn't turn around without seeing a Willys. It's awesome.

There were fewer military vehicles there this year, but they're cool to see:

Last edited:
Love the "Maybe Tomorrow Special Delivery" wagon logo.
Cazadero is a former logging town. Today, it's largely a general store, a post office, a few houses, the hardware/feed store, and Willys America.

And on Saturday you couldn't turn around without seeing a Willys. It's awesome.

There were fewer military vehicles there this year, but they're cool to see:

Got to make this next year, where else would a Willys owner want to be ? My wife says my wagon wouldn't fit because it's so big, Would any one be offended ? I did see another wagon in the pics. that looked as big as mine.

This Jeepster and its friends were really cool:

Paul Barry has a lot of cool Willys firetrucks on site too:

PS That's our little girl with my dad (her grandpa). I'm so proud that she points to a CJ and says "Jeep" and a wagon or truck and says "Willeez..."

Last edited:
Got to make this next year, where else would a Willys owner want to be ? My wife says my wagon wouldn't fit because it's so big, Would any one be offended ? I did see another wagon in the pics. that looked as big as mine.

Nah, all are welcome. This guy with the yellow truck (Ken?) hasn't been able to make it these past few years, but his truck is heavily modified. Here's a pic from 2012:

Back