Where was your Willys today?

how did the truck get in the trees?

Seen that several times before in wrecking yards in Ohio. The trees grow around the vehicle, eventually and obviously ever slowly, lifts the vehicle up off the ground. The highest vehicle in a tree I've seen is about 4 feet off the ground.

Took a scenic cruise yesterday
View attachment 58257
View attachment 58258
View attachment 58259View attachment 58260View attachment 58261
look close at the background above. there's a truck in the trees.
View attachment 58262
View attachment 58263
under that sea of fog is the Pacific.

Apologies for the picture flood, i took WAY too many and had a really hard time choosing...
Beautiful wagon and beautiful pictures! What a great outing! Love the pictures, don't apologize. A couple of those would be good contenders for the 2020 calendar contest!
(Did I meet you with your grandson at Willys America in July? I met someone with a wagon very like yours, but I thought he lived closer than Fortuna.)

Last edited:
Got the newly rebuilt 230 installed and shes finally left the garage for the first time since sept. My excitement is through the roof. So glad I spent the extra money to keep the engine original to the truck. I can believe how quiet and smooth this thing is

Attachments

• 20190318_140514.jpg
    20190318_140514.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20190318_140457.jpg
    20190318_140457.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 68
Got the newly rebuilt 230 installed and shes finally left the garage for the first time since sept. My excitement is through the roof. So glad I spent the extra money to keep the engine original to the truck. I can believe how quiet and smooth this thing is

Congratulations! That's a great looking truck, and a gorgeous engine. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

We took the White Beast up to Flagstaff yesterday to attend the Overland West Expo at Coc0nino county faigrounds (aka Fort Tuthill Park)..... huge show for
extreme overland expedititon global trek camping a venue with 700 + vendors selling anything you could possibly need for year around outdoor camping living in your 1.5 million dollar global trek earth roamer rig... View attachment 45434View attachment 45435View attachment 45436View attachment 45437 ....that along with the 25,000 + people attending .....View attachment 45438View attachment 45439View attachment 45441View attachment 45442View attachment 45440......

so much stuff to see no wonder it is a 3 day event ...were there for few hours intead of all day ......thanks to the piss poor plannners for parking the mass exodous of inbound vehicles....(zoom in Fifth pic) you got to be Shetting me..!!! doesnt even begin to tell the story of 1.5 hours in line to get parked!!! ...line stretches another 1.5 miles around the bend to turn off then another mile up and around dirt road to back way into parking area for fairgrounds.... got to Flag around 10am ...was then sent down road to get in line for day pass ......got to end of line flipped a bitch then pulled up at 10:05am....for the next 90 mins was spent inching 2.5 miles to park truck .....we got the truck parked and were offically out of the truck at 11:35 am ...then came the 15 min hike from truck to the gate ......then get in line at ticket booth ..with the other 50 people .....15 mins later ...at 12:05pm were offically inside the gate and ready to start exploration....2 Frucking hours for 2.5 miles...!! few peole said fruck it and turned around and drove out of there.
I tell ya ,...there were alot of Really Pissed off folks for the time it took to get in to park..!! everybody in ticket line was raising Hell....yes including us..!!

i dont know if we are going back next year....in fact i know we are not ..at least not me......Why..??..cause i Damn sure plan to be in Moab this time Next year.!!..Thats why..!!

Alright stay tuned more to come ......

Larry
I was surfing this thread looking for a pic of some really cool wood racks on a wagon I saw once and what do I find? A pic of Ollie in his trailer attached to my bike parked in front of the monster RV's. Pic #4
Larry, I saw that line to get in from the freeway. Parked across the street at the community park, hooked up the trailer and Ollie and I pedaled our way in to the expo for free! We had a blast, but did hear a lot of grousing from folks who sat in that line. Did that 2 days in a row. Ignored the vest nazis telling us to get a pass. Ollie picked up lots of girls and the trailer worked well for hauling beer.
We'll be there again this year tho I might spring for a "historical vehicle" display spot for the wagon while I hawk my van products ;) If anybody offers me what that green wagon went for I may not make it to Moab the following weekend :):(

Beautiful wagon and beautiful pictures! What a great outing! Love the pictures, don't apologize. A couple of those would be good contenders for the 2020 calendar contest!
(Did I meet you with your grandson at Willys America in July? I met someone with a wagon very like yours, but I thought he lived closer than Fortuna.)
Thanks! Wasn't me you met. Unfortunately i havent taken the wagon out of humboldt (well, maybe across the county line once or twice, but far enough in the hills to not make a difference). hoping to get her out further as she earns more trust...

I will take a "second bite"...... I'm having a hard time visualizing just exactly how that might have come to be. Trucks don't grow on trees!

EDIT - sorry, I was typing at the same time as the response.

94d0ab31bf025c7c003f7b6aadb26f14.jpg
706402fe18280c8c2f64bf153b1f6073.jpg
8b2dce4abf08266bfdd0b9de7ab8df30.jpg
this is the final trip for this 48 panel truck. Off to the scrap yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back