Where was your Willys today?

What you members are dealing with snow wise out west is what we will be expecting this weekend.
Sure is nice of you OWF folks to share.
I've had on my mind to try my tire snow chains from my 2001 dodge truck that I sold 2 years ago.
So yesterday I dragged out the chains and I was pleased that the chains fit my Willys truck tires.
I try to be prepared for the big dump.
Then I'll be driving around stuck modern vehicles.
Weather forecast here calls for a huge snow dump in the next several days.
Newer don't necessarily mean better!

Attachments

• RoyPatNellyBelleBullet.jpg
    RoyPatNellyBelleBullet.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 61
The sun finally came out today, we gotten about 4’ of snow over the last couple of weeks.
9d13f089c3810d4538891b6f83b2cc1c.jpg

Pete
Dang...I want to be driving my wagon!!! Beautiful pics....this site rules.

ddd008a6d5e483b0ac08cae4a56cff41.jpg
. Just waiting for the weather to change to get her back together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonderful picture Chris.
Yep, I have in my life rescued to many fools to count.
It is a good feeling to help others.
Cheers.

Went out for a motorcycle ride today, enjoying the spring weather and sights in the ranch country of the lower foothills. March and April are the prettiest months of the year here.

98C0BD2B-D40D-4A53-BD94-BB95F3D9F381.jpeg

Rounding a bend, a familiar shape caught my eye. It was there only for a moment before being obscured by the livestock chute (?) beside it. Naturally, I turned around and went back up the road and came by again. This time I stopped and took a pictue. This was as good as I could get with my phone.

F7B455D9-A222-46F0-9FE2-B09658AC3DD6.jpeg

Here it is zoomed in. It’s a green FC. It looks to be in pretty good condition. Given where it is and the lack of growth around it, it might be used from time to time. It’s got a tarp over the front top of the windshield. Looks like there might be a Ramsey winch. No telling how long it’s been at this ranch. It’s the sort of place that would have had a Willys back in the day.

I didn’t see anyone in the yard as I passed and didn’t want to go knocking, so went on. Will have to keep an eye on it.

A27EA4B2-5033-4D3E-9814-20B7CF833BFB.jpeg

Last edited:
Back