Where was your Willys today?

Not a Willys, but this shot was taken a couple of days ago on a stretch of Hwy 21, between Banner Summit and Grandjean, Idaho. This stretch of road is known as "Avalanche Alley". The road has been closed for over a week, while crews try to cut through the slides. It's slow work, since the slides are often full of heavy timber that has to be removed with a track-hoe and chain saw. Some of the slides are over 30' deep, and come down in about a dozen chutes above the road. We make the trip through here on a regular basis, and it's amazing to come through after the road has been re-opened.
hwy21-2-17-19.png

A couple of years ago when we had a big winter, the deposit from one of the biggest slides lasted all summer, and was still there when it started snowing again the next fall.

Pete

Not a Willys, but this shot was taken a couple of days ago on a stretch of Hwy 21, between Banner Summit and Grandjean, Idaho. This stretch of road is known as "Avalanche Alley". The road has been closed for over a week, while crews try to cut through the slides. It's slow work, since the slides are often full of heavy timber that has to be removed with a track-hoe and chain saw. Some of the slides are over 30' deep, and come down in about a dozen chutes above the road. We make the trip through here on a regular basis, and it's amazing to come through after the road has been re-opened.
View attachment 57574

A couple of years ago when we had a big winter, the deposit from one of the biggest slides lasted all summer, and was still there when it started snowing again the next fall.

Pete
That reminds me of this picture.

https://goo.gl/images/p8c4hR

Front end friday-
IMG_1119.JPG

Forecast is for 2-3 feet of new snow over the next three days... I'm ready for warm now :rolleyes:
Pete

I don't have a picture.
Our son and his buddy drove today to Durango, Co to ski.
Durango had 29" of snow in the last two days.
There is a shortage of shovels at the local Home Depot until another shipment arrives.
Here in Denver we have 7" of snow in the last 3hrs.

Yikes bob! The dice shifters aren't working for me! May have cost you a dome light!

Yikes bob! The dice shifters aren't working for me! May have cost you a dome light!
Damn, and I thought those were stock; they're not? That's the way it came from East L.A. ! I bet they would go over great in Pomona...
Guess I'll have to keep the flashing disco ball that hangs from the dome light socket (?)
:cool:

It must be "Front End Friday" because this what I see when I look out of the back door of my shed!
Where's MY Willys today? In pieces:(
But a box from Pertronix appeared on my front porch :)
Hope everyone has a great Willys weekend (with better views than this) !
KIMG2039.JPG

Last edited:
Back