Where was your Willys today?

After recently posting that my Willys stays in the garage in the snow due to massive amounts of salt on the roads, I decided to venture to a park a mile from our house. 1,600 acres and no salt used there!!

View attachment 66588

Nice! That Julep Green shows nicely against the snow. The Julep is kind of a soft color, so it almost needs a plainish background to shine, and it really does here.

Thanks! It was her first time driving the Willys. And sure wish I had a bunch of that headliner material

I noticed there is a piece of the material left that at the B pillar. Is there a piece of metal back behind it, like there is between the 2 rear windows?

Just had to get out for a drive today. I’ve been having intermittent starting issues rendering the Willys unreliable (if you can imagine that!) I think I’ve narrowed it down to the one year old ignition switch. Besides the starting issue my headlights haven’t been turning on unless they want to. Right now they are working again. So after about 4-6 weeks of very limited driving I’m ready to go exploring again. View attachment 66222

I love your truck. It looks mostly original and natural, and the bigger wheels look nice. This is another situation where the muted winter colors lets the soft Julep green of your truck shine. I like the headlights, too. They are a bit of warmth and life in a cold winter scene. I'm looking forward to seeing your truck in the 2021 calendar!

I love your truck. It looks mostly original and natural, and the bigger wheels look nice. This is another situation where the muted winter colors lets the soft Julep green of your truck shine. I like the headlights, too. They are a bit of warmth and life in a cold winter scene. I'm looking forward to seeing your truck in the 2021 calendar!
Carter maybe I'll be in the next calendar with your vote.........if the voting ends today! Other than wheels the exterior is mostly original, with, I think, 2 paint jobs somewhere along the way. The dash (with the '55 style gauges) is also mostly original, which is one of my favorite parts of the truck.

Carter maybe I'll be in the next calendar with your vote.........if the voting ends today! Other than wheels the exterior is mostly original, with, I think, 2 paint jobs somewhere along the way. The dash (with the '55 style gauges) is also mostly original, which is one of my favorite parts of the truck.
Check your PM's. I like those wheels. Or I guess I could ask what brand they are here as I'm guessing they aren't top secret. Great looking truck btw.

Today is a little bit boring just went to Target and my jeep was just parked...so...

Years ago I had a 1964 Wagoneer. Which I believed to be the first year, now I have a 1963 WIllys Wagon which I thought was the last year.. Was 64 a split year, or were they producing both. I have also heard of a 63/64 Wagoneer with independent torsion bar front suspension.

I came home from work to feed the cows (usually use a hydra-bed) and remembered I had a busted bale to pitch. This is only my second drive in the pickup, thought it would be cool to take some drone footage. Things did not go my way. First, after I loaded up some hay, the clutch linkage fell apart. My wife came home and laughed at me while I was under the truck in the snow (she is evil). Then the drone wouldn't work right because it was cold. The video is not what I was after but here it is anyway, nice to see these old trucks at work.

I came home from work to feed the cows (usually use a hydra-bed) and remembered I had a busted bale to pitch. This is only my second drive in the pickup, thought it would be cool to take some drone footage. Things did not go my way. First, after I loaded up some hay, the clutch linkage fell apart. My wife came home and laughed at me while I was under the truck in the snow (she is evil). Then the drone wouldn't work right because it was cold. The video is not what I was after but here it is anyway, nice to see these old trucks at work.
Nice, thanks! Will look forward to the next attempt as well.

So if YOU went out to feed the cows, etc, at the end of the video I see YOU walking off and a dog wandering off, then I see your truck either being stolen or rolling off on its own. Or was that more clutch failure?

Back