Jan 27, 2014
Osage, WY
First Name
Jared
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1958
When I bought my pickup, I got a TON of parts along with it as the seller used to rebuild Jeeps and was getting out of it. One of my cool parts is a Willys Overland heater core. I'm looking to sell this and was wondering which vehicle it would have come from or any history. :confused: Ever seen one of these before?
IMG_4805.jpg
IMG_4808.jpg

Possibly as support info, I found an old 1950 wagon deep in the woods in Alaska near where we lived. It had been there for decades, with trees growing thru it. I dont even know how it got to where I found it unless there werent any trees once, but hey its a Willys. But it had this heater under the dash. Very cool though. Great addition to a restoration.

It doesn't match the one I have in my 48 wagon. Most pics of early wagons have the same one I have.
c94adb67f4f5546e39ceb1bd7c979c0f.jpg

It doesn't appear to have defrost ability. Maybe it was for a Jeepster or even a CJ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've seen that model(first post) for other makes as well with different logos on the flaps. The defroster ports used to be attached to the top where that sheet metal patch is. No idea on the rest. I have a Chevy heater with the same core but different tin on the outside.

Looks like a late 40's to mid 50's Harrison heater. They could be supplied with different logo plates. Dealer installed accessory. Factory heater installation started in 57.

Looks like a late 40's to mid 50's Harrison heater. They could be supplied with different logo plates. Dealer installed accessory. Factory heater installation started in 57.

Herk, you are correct, it has a Harrison plate on the back. I really appreciate all the input from everyone!

Back