Where can I find more information about an Overlander?

Thank you for the document.
So the only thing which does not fit is the split front window which according to internet data should be pre-1960
The rest of the data points to 1963

Thank you for the help.

You're welcome, Pieter
Please post close-up photos of the divider hardware.

I'm not a wagon guy, but I think it's possible to install the split windshield components in the later-model window frames.

Your windshield may have been damaged, and replaced with parts that were probably more readily available than the post-1960 one-piece version.

Perhaps someone can provide details about differences in flatness -- or lack thereof -- between the one-piece and the two-piece windshield frames.

Pictures of the firewall, if it wasn't heavily modified during the engine swap, will also provide model-year clues.

Thank you for the document.
So the only thing which does not fit is the split front window which according to internet data should be pre-1960
The rest of the data points to 1963

Thank you for the help.
Pieter, mine was also a split windscreen Traveller; the same with the one in Joburg; possibly all Deliveries/adapted Deliveries had split windscreens; same with rounded wheel arches above back wheels. So I think you do not need to change into a single windscreen at all.

Check out Garth's post under "Joburg Traveler" on this board

Last edited:
You're welcome, Pieter

Pictures of the firewall, if it wasn't heavily modified during the engine swap, will also provide model-year clues.

This notched firewall indicates a post-May 1962 build:

1963_Jeep_Pickup_FL_engine-F.jpg

Firewall still have the padding on, so it is not so clean.
I also post a pic of the inside.
My last picture is the rear leave springs. Why are they this shape, it is the first time I see leave springs like this

IMG_20190513_093200.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190513_093249.jpg
    IMG_20190513_093249.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20190513_093257.jpg
    IMG_20190513_093257.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20190515_111939.jpg
    IMG_20190515_111939.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 25
Apparently the original fuel gauge is working, it was the sender unit which packed up. The previous owner could not import a sender unit so they installed the aftermarket fuel gauge. So when I rebuild her I will get the correct sender unit and get the original fuel gauge to work again.

Anybody know why the rear leaf springs have these grooves in?
View attachment 59827
The grooves are to reduce friction between the leaves. All of the replacement springs I have seen lack the groove. I'm sure the functional difference is slight. Probably because the 1 1/2" 5160 bar stock commonly available today isn't rolled with a groove.

Back