West TN. Willys

onelooper

Knuckle Buster
Jun 6, 2010
Willys Model
Willys Year:
Hi, I am new to Willys and this forum. I now have a 53 4wd pickup that I have wanted and tried to buy since approx 1979. I has been sitting since about 1984. Mr. Davis, the former owner would have someone get it running about every 5 years or so. All I had to do was a little carb work and plumb in a temp gas tank and it fired right up. I am exited about the project. I intend to bring it back to a safe operating condition and put it back in limited service. Mr. Davis's son was going to "fix it up", and took most of the interior apart and installed a very out of place little deep dish steering wheel. A few things are missing that need to be replaced, a original type steering wheel, door window trim and the seat is gone. The main drivability issues are the steering box is worn all the way out. The brakes will need a total overhaul. Needs a complete rewire. Needs a replacement gas tank and new fuel lines. It needs some form of seat. I look forward to learning more about Willys and 4wd systems from you guys. Oh yes this is my first 4wd also. Thanks, Bart

Welcome to the forum Bart-

Pete

You have just entered the "Opportunity Zone"...it sounds like a bunch to do, take each problem and tackle it...glad you are here on the Forum....I'm in Lawrenceville, GA 30043 so if I can help let me know.... '62 Wagon

Welcome to the board. Sounds like you got an interesting truck going there....
We have all kinds of input for ya here.
Eric

Back