Vintage Willys pictures

I think that's a Toyota Corolla cozying up to Willys' left shoulder, and a rare VW Transport / Panel Delivery on his starboard.

I think that's a Toyota Corolla cozying up to Willys' left shoulder, and a rare VW Transport / Panel Delivery on his starboard.
Toyota Corona, I think, circa 1969.
78FB764C-433A-4D6F-BECF-45B2190F2CAD.jpeg
Edit: The only reason I know this finer point of Toyota taxonomy is that a girl in college was driving one of these when we started dating. She named it “Racy.” I put a new timing chain in it, and she and I have been married for almost 40 years. At the time, I was driving a clapped out beat up jacked up flat black 1960 Willys wagon with a SBC, and I think it was that she fell in love with.

Last edited:
Yep. It’s a corona alright

Attachments

• 95FCA9F2-9F69-4068-87DE-E097252D42A4.png
    95FCA9F2-9F69-4068-87DE-E097252D42A4.png
    328.1 KB · Views: 2
View attachment 93557
Edit: The only reason I know this finer point of Toyota taxonomy is that a girl in college was driving one of these when we started dating. She named it “Racy.” I put a new timing chain in it, and she and I have been married for almost 40 years. At the time, I was driving a clapped out beat up jacked up flat black 1960 Willys wagon with a SBC, and I think it was that she fell in love with.

Smart woman. I don't think they make them like that anymore. Women with good taste in vehicles I mean, not that horrid import car. Those they make far too many of now. :p

View attachment 93557
Ah, the old "ply them with a new timing chain routine". Romantic devil.

Back