Jun 2, 2019
North Carolina
First Name
Chris
Willys Model
  1. Forward Control
Willys Year:
  1. 1957
Hello everyone. So I'm working on getting a title for what I was told was either a 57/58 Jeep fc170. I don't mind going through the trouble because I really want her back on the road. I've just never seen a vin like this. I've looked on all the fc sites and can't gather much other than the first 5 numbers mean it could be a 57/58? Thanks for any assistance!
61568 11693

Attachments

• Resized_20190107_075940_4647.jpeg
    Resized_20190107_075940_4647.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 35
The first five digits are the model number. The last five are the serial number. Put them together and you get the VIN (or at least what some states use as the VIN).

According to this site: https://www.kaiserwillys.com/willys_jeep_serial_numbers#12, it’s a 1958 FC-170 serial number plate, the 1,568th off the line of a 3,101 annual production.

Thank ya'll so much! I've done other vin's before but nothing as unique as this. I want to make sure everything is correct before I go to the dmv. Very appreciated!

When i got the replacement title for My Willys pick-up i used all 10 digits as the "VIN" number. This was recommended to me by a vehicle inspector. The more modern systems in the DMV prefer longer numbers as a "VIN" than shorter ones. The combination of the model number, and consecutive build number worked out great me. I was dealing with the state of MI, not sure how your state is.

Thanks for the input. North Carolina is pretty strict so I'm hoping to have few issues when I go to the dmv. I know usually they struggle on anything below 17 didgits

They'd go bonkers with mine then - it has only 5-digits. ;)

Lol. Most certainly! They're ok at my dmv office but I tend to bring them some odd situations. When I saw the way the fc was numbered it was new to me so I'm sure they're going to be lost

@SQUAREHAMMER I found and am interested in purchasing the FC you posted about here. What can you tell me about it? Feel free to message me via email or here. Thank you!

Sorry Jhawley I sold her awhile ago. Thanks for the interest.
I know you sold it, the people you sold it to are now trying to sell it. Did you ever attempt to get it titled? If so, what did they tell you? Thanks

So I've actually tried many times to get vehicles without titles titled. But N.C is so strict. It's a pain down here. You can do a title bond as an option through their insurance agent. Or what I was going to do was try the Vermont way. If you Google Vermont titling I believe it'll show up and tell you the process of how you can send your information through their application. Which in return will give you a registration that you can use to title their state. Seeing has how Vermont doesn't title cars they only issue registrations, which in turn can be turned into a title in other states. Obviously their will be fee's that are dependent on the vehicle and value.

Back