Jan 10, 2010
Victoria Australia
First Name
Marcus
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1948
Where have you found your frame number on a Truck?
Have read it is around the front shock mount or forward of there on the frame. Cant find it either on top or the outside?
I have no plates either on the seat riser.

Mine is located just like you said on the side of the frame just infront of the shock ,it is on our drivers side ....mine has my serial number up the top 10118 then it has W567 stamped below the serial im not sure what the W567 means the numbers are quiet large say half n inch high i also have all my other plates one is under the hood on the fire wall and the other is below the seat in the cab and there is also an oval brass plague with numbers onit .....also i know the later trucks had different plates so yours will probably be different than mine especially the australian assembeled trucks.....cheers mick

Thanks for your reply mate. Still doesn't show there. I will be getting another frame from a 48 if all goes to plan so hope that one has it where it should be.

the truck i am doing now has the number stamped in the right frame rail twice once in front near shockmount and near where the bed and cab meet.

cj3b said:
the truck i am doing now has the number stamped in the right frame rail twice once in front near shockmount and near where the bed and cab meet.

Excellent, will check there as well then as did know about that place. Was it on the side of the frame or on top of it?

I found mine accidental when I was sanding/grinding on my frame....passenger side, top of frame[attachment=0:1ro0arvr]DSCN1505.jpg[/attachment:1ro0arvr]
near that tab....

Attachments

• DSCN1505.jpg
    DSCN1505.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN1505.jpg
    DSCN1505.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 63
Will check again in those places.
How did you go cuttting out the front cross member? Looks like it is plug welded as well and I dont own a plasma or oxy to do it either.

4" grinder and a chisel....it's not as hard as it sounds, just noisey...

I drill out the rivits, then cut the cross member in three, take out the middle then the sides.

Attachments

• Picture 178.jpg
    Picture 178.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 46
Thanks for the replies
Hoping to keep the cross member in one piece as have to keep the original for registration purposes here. Just want to move it under the grille so the new radiator can drop down further.

Back