Sharpest Tool
Mar 11, 2010
Central IL
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1962
Hi all -
I’m so needy lately! I’m looking to install the front cross member and mount the trans. I bought new mounts from KW. Picture below. Can someone send me a pic or talk me through we’re the circled mount goes on the trans? Mine is the T84, if that matters. I really appreciate it, friends!
0B4C56EE-6213-4894-AB23-0D892FA11475.jpeg

Shane
You bought the wrong motor mounts. And I doubt if you have a T84 in a pickup truck, that is the MB GPW trans. If you have the 226 crossmember and a T90 then the bottom piece is the trans mount. If you have the 4 cyl crossmember then you need another plate. Take a pic of your crossmember. I'll fix it for you.
diggerG (Greg)

Shane
You bought the wrong motor mounts. And I doubt if you have a T84 in a pickup truck, that is the MB GPW trans. If you have the 226 crossmember and a T90 then the bottom piece is the trans mount. If you have the 4 cyl crossmember then you need another plate. Take a pic of your crossmember. I'll fix it for you.
diggerG (Greg)

Thanks Greg - this one is for a 3a, not the truck. Sorry for the confusion. Are these right for a 3a and will it work with my T-84? Thanks!!

The circled one looks like a 3A one. I think there is another piece though. I'll look at one. I think it's a steel block with 2 open holes and 2 threaded. the 2 motor mount like pieces are not for a 3A. Your 3A has a T84 not a T90?
Greg

The circled one looks like a 3A one. I think there is another piece though. I'll look at one. I think it's a steel block with 2 open holes and 2 threaded. the 2 motor mount like pieces are not for a 3A. Your 3A has a T84 not a T90?
Greg

Yes to the T-84. I was surprised to see it under there...

Thanks for checking into it!

Would you consider trading your T84 for a T90 in some fashion? The 90 is twice the trans the T84 is. I could use the 84 though.
Greg

Back