things that make you go hmmmmmm

roundss

Sharpest Tool
Willys Model
Willys Year:
So I got the 6 million rusted body mounts loose and I moved onto the pedal assy to try and take that apart :evil: grrrrrrrrrrrr :evil: So after a few minutes of frustration my A.D.D. took me somewhere else I started to gut wiring mish mash, and I notice one of the wires goes INTO the steering box. I'm thinking WTF? Why on earth is there a wire going INTO the steering box.....................
Turns out the wire goes into the steering COLUMN, through the steering box................................to the horn :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd never seen such a thing in my life. I was trying to imagine why there would be a wire going there.
I just thought you guys that have come across that or know that might get a kick out of my 2 minutes of WTF?

Have a :beer: and a laugh on me.

Eric B

Precision Fit
First Name
Eric
Willys Model
Other
Willys Year:
Other
Amazing how simple things where back then isn't it.....

A wire up the tube got the trick done then.....

BioTex

Sharpest Tool
Willys Model
Willys Year:
I'm actually getting ready to order the horn contact so I can get rid of the externaly mounted horn button. I learned of it a couple of weeks ago myself.

Eric B

Precision Fit
First Name
Eric
Willys Model
Other
Willys Year:
Other
Savage
Are you talking about my motor mounts????

they are stout but still scary if you ask me.....
that is why they are on the to be replaced list......

I think the 4.27 gears will be good with the 5 speed tranny too.....

Make it an all around daily driver that can do 75 to Denver if needed.

Willys Model
Willys Year:
LOL, yea THOSE mounts. At first I thought they were springs meant to give the engine a better ride :lol:

Yea, think you will be happy with the 4.27 cogs, I run 4.88 on 35" tires in my Jeep and its a nice combo.

Eric B

Precision Fit
First Name
Eric
Willys Model
Other
Willys Year:
Other
The Novak mounts will be getting ordered next week. I just got the correct trans. crossmember in today. But those mounts are stout that is for sure.......1/4" plate super welded to the frame rails..... (gonna take a grinder disc on each to get em off.

The 4.27's will be a good combo with the 31's I am planning on running.
Atleast that is the plan.