Thanks from NorCal newbie for adding trucks to Forum!!

homewood4

Precision Fit
Oct 23, 2009
Citrus Heights & Tahoe
First Name
Greg
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1954
Just picked up a 1954 truck in 1954 pieces...Been looking for a good Willys forum to help with rebuild questions...Looking forward to sharing the experience.

What engine is are you running in your powerwagon, 230 flathead six?

Pete

The Power Wagon has the 230 flathead in it. Wish it was "running". Need to get it to stop first. Stepping on brakes feels like stepping on a rotten plum....wheel cylinders leak and having the darndest time trying to get drums off. I think the shoes are not returning....,
today I learned how to take a Willys door apart... Driver and passenger. Do I lose any restoration points if I put the lock on the drivers door rather back on passenger side?
Thanks

This is the 230 flathead that I built for my '50 Plymouth...

9:1 compression head, HEI, headers, 3/4 cam, vintage heated dual intake, etc.

I'd like to do something like this with a Willys flathead one of these days...

Pete

Attachments

• flattyicon.jpg
    flattyicon.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 23
Welcome Old Willys faithful (I like your sense of humor too)...I hate it however, that you are west of the Mississippi, don't forget to flag your location on the members map....and Pete...you're setting the bar to high with that engine rebuilt 230 flat head....sweet! Question...is the top of the engine, flat... so you can cook on it?

62 OlllO said:
...and Pete...you're setting the bar to high with that engine rebuilt 230 flat head....sweet! Question...is the top of the engine, flat... so you can cook on it?

This little engine cooks alright... it has proved all the ney-sayers wrong... My dad and brother are dyed-in-the wool SBC guys and you wouldn't believe the grief they have given me for polishing my "boat anchor" . Funny how there's a crowd under my hood at all the shows and no-one notices their belly button rides... :mrgreen: More here: http://www.50plymouth.com

Pete

Back