Iva, South Carolina
First Name
Brent
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1959
Hello,
It is with great sadness I need to tell you we lost Steve to cancer.
A great family man and friend to all. Retired from Michelin Tire Mfg. near here in Anderson SC.
Always ready to share his knowledge and experiences. He’d been a Willy’s fan most of his life.
Rest In Peace my friend! We’ll see you “when the roll’s called up yonder”!

Very sorry to hear of Steve's passing, condolences to his friends and family. Thank you for sharing the sad news Brent.

Sad to hear this news, Steve joined OWF in 2017 and contributed to many threads on the forum. My condolences go out to his family.
Pete

Brent sorry for your loss and his family. I did not know of Steve, but somehow felt compelled to look up some of his posts.

I did a search of his user name and took some time to read thru his posts and he truly seemed like a nice person even though I joined past the time when he was active, and never knew anything about him. It's odd, yet from just reading his stories you can get a great snap shot of his hobby.

His CJ2a is really a great looking jeep, as was his truck project, he really put a lot of care into that as you can tell he may have had physical limitations it did not seem to keep him down.

There were a few posts that caught my attention which just tell you how much he will be missed by his family. Taught his granddaughter to drive a stick shift...

Screenshot_20200317-235949_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200318-000756_Chrome.jpg

These are the priceless moments that one never forgets.

Just another reminder how lost this world seems right now.

It's never about the jeeps, trucks or wagons but is truly about the journey and friendships one gains along the way.

Another take away I noticed, he always welcomed as many new members with what one could call his catch phrase "Welcome from South Carolina"

Here is his first post......
https://www.oldwillysforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-guy.12656/

Here is his build thread.....
https://www.oldwillysforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/59-pickup-restomod.14246/

Here are some pics of his jeep and truck.....
https://www.oldwillysforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/trouble-adding-pictures.12679/#post-129515

I don't know what prompted me to stop and review his stuff but it really made my day looking over his projects. Helped me remind myself how special our time is.

Last edited:
Thank you Tim,
You’re my hero for doing this. I’ll share this with Steve’s best friends when this virus gets out of the way. This is really good! Stay safe! Willy on!
Brent

Thank you Tim,
You’re my hero for doing this. I’ll share this with Steve’s best friends when this virus gets out of the way. This is really good! Stay safe! Willy on!
Brent
Your welcome. Thanks will do, Tim

Sorry to hear the news about Steve . My prayers go out to his family.

Tim
Thanks for adding some of The links to Steve’s Willys adventures!

Back