Steering

aquawilly54

Well Oiled
Sep 21, 2009
Willys Model
Willys Year:
Hey all!

I see we hit a bit of a stall on the topics, so thought i'd throw something out. Steering. I haven't had time to dive in to my steering box as of yet, but I am helping a friend out with his via emails. What I haven't been able to find is an exploded view of a box with it's parts and pieces, or any step by step instructions for that matter. My friend and I haven't reached the point of adding or subtracting shims for the up and down play yet, but are discussing the installation of new bushings with the sector shaft. From what I know (I think I know) :) the bushing areas will have to be honed, or reamed out, to accept the new bushing fit. What I don't know - is how much. Anybody got a line on such a diagram or instructions?
Steve

Pete

Founder/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 17, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
First Name
Pete
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
aquawilly54 said:
Hey all!

I see we hit a bit of a stall on the topics, so thought i'd throw something out. Steering. I haven't had time to dive in to my steering box as of yet, but I am helping a friend out with his via emails. What I haven't been able to find is an exploded view of a box with it's parts and pieces, or any step by step instructions for that matter. My friend and I haven't reached the point of adding or subtracting shims for the up and down play yet, but are discussing the installation of new bushings with the sector shaft. From what I know (I think I know) :) the bushing areas will have to be honed, or reamed out, to accept the new bushing fit. What I don't know - is how much. Anybody got a line on such a diagram or instructions?
Steve
Steve-

I just bought a mechanic's repair manual, I'll take a look tonight and see if there is anything in there that may help.

Pete

Pete

Founder/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 17, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
First Name
Pete
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Steve-

Here's what I have from the book I bought a few days ago, maybe it'll be of some use...

You should be able to right click and save the images.

Pete

aquawilly54

Well Oiled
Sep 21, 2009
Willys Model
Willys Year:
Pete, Bill,
Thanks for the stuff. I use the manual on a constant basis, but it just doesn't have what I was really looking for. The website with the pictorals was good. I sent it on to my email friend and he is quite happy with it. Thanks again guys.
Steve