First Name
Mickey
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
  2. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1955
  2. 1958
I’m considering shipping the tranny and TC off to MetalShaper for rebuild. But I’ve read where shipping is getting horrid. I have no idea how much they weigh, etc. I’m assuming I would need to get a pallet and somehow secure them. Looking for input, suggestions, experiences, etc. to see if this is even feasible.

Stakebed

Well Oiled
All-Star
Mar 4, 2020
Northern California
First Name
Joe
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1957

LarryG805

Gear Grinder
Jan 13, 2021
Central Coast California
First Name
Larry
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1958
unishippers.com

also i was thinking about buying a rebuilt TH350 from Patriot Transmission in Florida, i am in California it was going to be $350 for shipping. they must get a good discount with a freight carrier. i have delt with unshippers several times at my work and they always get the cheapest rate possible.

Tralehead

Well Oiled
Aug 29, 2018
Silverado, CA
First Name
Bob
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
FWIW my experience with Fastenal was a letdown. Tried to get a set of wagon seats sent from NY to SoCal and was told they couldn't find a truck.
I gave up and drove to Placerville instead. Seats were more expensive but the trip infinity more fun.
Now looking at getting a NV3550 shipped from the upper Midwest. Hopefully it works out better, I'll try unishipper etc. Heard Greyhound was an option? Anyone know?
Mickey, looking forward to your shipping experience and your experience with metalshaper

Oakers3

Gear Grinder
Oct 12, 2021
Virginia
First Name
Bill
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
  2. Other
  3. Forward Control
  4. Jeepster
Willys Year:
  1. 1962
I’m considering shipping the tranny and TC off to MetalShaper for rebuild. But I’ve read where shipping is getting horrid. I have no idea how much they weigh, etc. I’m assuming I would need to get a pallet and somehow secure them. Looking for input, suggestions, experiences, etc. to see if this is even feasible.
I used to ship trannies in a cooler. Try Forward or Greyhound

rocket

Well Oiled
Sep 3, 2015
Sierra Mtns
First Name
Rodney
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1963
I've shipped Motorcycles with Forward Air. They do truck ship City to City also, And they supply the Container, you supply the locks and straps.