Rusty my 1950 Willys truck project

If I am unable to find the metal I need in my stock pile, I go to this well organized shop. If you have time you can find about anything. If only a short piece is needed and I can not find the size etc, he has no issues whacking off the amt needed from a 20 ft piece. He can fix just about anything, even bridges

DSCN2884.JPGDSCN2885.JPGDSCN2886.JPG

DSCN2883.JPG

I was able to fab a "nose" support similar too, but not as pretty as Claude's. The front of Ol Rusty at some time was mistreated resulting in a bit of a twist in the front fenders(clip). Being aware of that I decided to make the support adjustable from side to side to aid in centering the hood on the nose piece.
View attachment 149285
After finishing the nose support, I began go look for the Chinese 22” radiator from Eastwood that Claude mentioned. I just got off of the phone with Eastwood and they did not find what I asked about They did find a set up for almost $600.00 which I declined Claude if you happen to read this could give me the overall dimensions of your radiator as well as the core dimensions. I found the fan below while on one of my gathering missions It is 16 inches with a shroud and with the mock up I did using an old radiator that I had in my inventory. The next pic show the clearance. Does not look like a lot, however,the portion with the X is the same as what is down buy the belt pensioner bolts. There is more clearance than there appears to be. I can gain more by cutting back some of the core support sides. That is all until I find the Radiator ,so back to the Google library. Did I manage to confuse?
View attachment 149286View attachment 149292
Hey Stan, just found my receipt and pulled up the Eastwood site. They have the one I bought in April of ‘21 in stock for $274.99. It’s listed as “Maxx Power Chevy Style Tri Flow Aluminum Radiator 22”. It is a two row design. Dimensions 19”H, 22”W, 2.2”D. Item number 20150.

If I am unable to find the metal I need in my stock pile, I go to this well organized shop. If you have time you can find about anything. If only a short piece is needed and I can not find the size etc, he has no issues whacking off the amt needed from a 20 ft piece. He can fix just about anything, even bridges

View attachment 149309View attachment 149310View attachment 149311

View attachment 149314
That shop is as well organized as mine. A clean shop is the sign of a sick mind.

Back