Right Place, Right Time!

I just bought a 48 pickup and had it brought to N.E. Ohio also... only it was in Wisconsin... what a coincidence... LoL

Thank You! Yeah, I'm guessing it was a swap sometime in it's history. The title says 1949, the serial number on the plate on the firewall comes in as 1948. Lots of items point to defiantly prior to 1950, but it has the F-head. Thanks for the pointer.
Yeah the 48 I just brought to N.E. Ohio has a 6 in it... I might go back to original since I have one but going to drive it a while... can't seem to post a picture of mine

Love the stamped logo tailgate, and wish mine had that also! Not sure why some had it and some didn’t….

Depends on what year it is. Mine doesn’t have it either but I do like the look with the logo much better than the plain one.
I think they stopped the stamped logo in 50.... I'm glad my 48 that I just bought has one... guess Chrysler owns the logo and won't let it be used... you can buy the sticker though

Hello All,

I happened to be there, and lucky enough to get a 1948 4T pickup, that was just brought to northeast Ohio from its former life in California. Although it has been a hardworking truck with lots of "character" (dents and functional add-ons), it is largely original, rust free, and complete. I am new to owning a classic such as this awesome piece of history, and I am looking forward to the advice and opinions on the forum.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

View attachment 126666View attachment 126667View attachment 126668View attachment 126670

Back