Jul 16, 2013
Davidsville, PA
First Name
Nick
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1958
Okay, here's the skinny. I am going to be the proud owner of a 1956 Wagon very very soon (two weeks at most). One issue I noticed was that the rear hatch and tailgate was missing. I've searched a good bit, but no retailers I've seen carry them. Anyone got any idea of one that may, or have them yourself and would like to sell for cheap? Thanks, Nick.

gsp427

Bigger Hammer
Apr 23, 2013
Ga
First Name
michael
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1961
Good luck with that find. I was looking at ford tailgates to try to retrofit to my willys

LaurelHighlands

Bigger Hammer
Jul 16, 2013
Davidsville, PA
First Name
Nick
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1958
I know pickup tailgates are out there, but Wagon gates are different because they are taller. I really want to find one before I pick it up. Having the wagon sit and wait for just a tailgate seems pointless and painless to me. Everything else I can buy. Its a very complete vehicle, except for those parts.

dahreno

Well Oiled
Mar 21, 2012
Reno
First Name
Dave
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1961
This kind of stuff is all over E Bay. Good luck

LaurelHighlands

Bigger Hammer
Jul 16, 2013
Davidsville, PA
First Name
Nick
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1958
That's the only place I've seen them. I'm just worried that when I need them, they won't be there. Right now, I only have the money to buy the wagon. I was hoping some stable retailer had 'em. Guess its back to ebay.

The Doge

Well Oiled
Jun 15, 2011
Allen, TX
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1958
I have a set sitting in the backyard. I picked it up while getting other parts that I needed. It's been awhile and I cannot remember the shape that they are in. Shipping my be cost prohibitive as it is heavy.

dennyscars

Bigger Hammer
Oct 20, 2009
Roseburg OR
First Name
Denny
Willys Model
  1. Jeepster
Willys Year:
  1. 1950
I have a nice set available; I'd take $200 just to get them out of here. I would furnish pix for anyone interested but they would have to be picked up here in SW Oregon due to the expense and difficulty of shipping.

Denny
Roseburg OR
541 637 0208

cnsay

Well Oiled
Jun 20, 2010
North Idaho
First Name
Chris
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
I would bet that DiggerG has them on hand and will when you are ready. He is in the north east so shipping or pickup may not be so bad.