Reproduction 1950-1956 FUEL OIL AMP TEMP gauge labels now available via OWF store

Which gauge labels would you be interested in?

• 1946-1948.5 silver-faced gauges in single rectangular assembly

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • 1948.5-1950.5 black-faced gauges in a single rectangular assembly

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • 1950.5-1951 gauge set with the 0-8 (~4") speedometer

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • 1951-1956.5 gauge set with the 0-9 (~4") speedometer

Votes: 35 41.2%
  • 1956.5-1957 (~6") single gauge assembly

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • 1958-1964 (~6") single gauge assembly

Votes: 22 25.9%

• Total voters
I really like Big Dog Frank's gauge guts retrofit that he describes in his build thread, and I think it deserves an honorable mention in this thread:

https://www.oldwillysforum.com/foru...9-pickup-back-to-life.9056/page-3#post-150612

IMG_1951.JPG

While not for the faint of heart, if you take this a couple of steps forward: remove the guts from the cans of the new gauges, mount them inside the Willys clusters, and use Dan's decals, modern, reliable gauges with a vintage look could be within reach.

Big Dog couldn't find a small enough fuel gauge, but I suspect one could be sourced.

Moving at the speed of galloping turtles...

The design for the 1952-1956 gauge labels is finally agreeable. Off to the printers to make rub-ons. The first few sets should be here in a week. Then there will be full sets (speedo, FUEL, OIL, AMP, TEMP, plus the gauge backgrounds for each of the four auxiliary gauges) for both the 1950-1951 as well as 1952-1956 gauge clusters.

(Image from www.willysamerica.com)
Willys gauge differences.jpg

I’ve had a few requests for custom labels, for example VOLT. I plan on doing these for both fonts. Are there any other requests?

Looks great Dan. Thank you for doing this.

My pleasure. It’s been fun learning how (part of) the art/graphics world works. Working on the VOLT label now for both fonts...

Already sold a few sets via eBay and Facebook, but they don’t get the OWF and All-Star discounts.

Stay tuned!

I'm looking at dash options for my '63. I love the look of the older dash. How hard are they to find?

I'm looking at dash options for my '63. I love the look of the older dash. How hard are they to find?
Hi Angler,

They aren’t too hard to piece together and fun to re-fresh. Here’s a set I put together for another OWF member recently. The bezel, the speedo, and the auxiliary gauges were all the results of separate parts hunts, and then I spent a bit of time given them a cosmetic re-fresh

52D613A3-36FD-41AE-AA1B-66F828E03CCA.jpeg

Not Concurs d’Elegance quality, but great for a driver.

Hi Angler,

They aren’t too hard to piece together and fun to re-fresh. Here’s a set I put together for another OWF member recently. The bezel, the speedo, and the auxiliary gauges were all the results of separate parts hunts, and then I spent a bit of time given them a cosmetic re-fresh

View attachment 76905

Not Concurs d’Elegance quality, but great for a driver.

Sweet! What did that cost?

Sweet! What did that cost?

It's a labor of love. I bought the pieces over time, cleaned them up, had the replacement gauge labels designed and printed, and then gave all the parts a solid re-freshening. Like any good project, that always takes longer than one might think, but I really enjoy it. I sell the them as they become available, usually offer here on OWF first and then head over to eBay, etc.

If you are interested in buying a gauge set or individual ones, you can PM me directly if/when the time comes... or do it yourself based on this thread which chronicles my efforts: Easy gauge restoration and testing (for beginners).

Cheers!

It's a labor of love. I bought the pieces over time, cleaned them up, had the replacement gauge labels designed and printed, and then gave all the parts a solid re-freshening. Like any good project, that always takes longer than one might think, but I really enjoy it. I sell the them as they become available, usually offer here on OWF first and then head over to eBay, etc.

If you are interested in buying a gauge set or individual ones, you can PM me directly if/when the time comes... or do it yourself based on this thread which chronicles my efforts: Easy gauge restoration and testing (for beginners).

Cheers!

Awesome. Thanks. I'll keep my eyes open. I'm not telling how long from needing gauges.

Cheers!
Scramboleer,
I have a vinyl cutter if you are interested. It came with a vinyl sign making computer back in 1989.
Although it is old-school, my guess is it will work for making stick-ons perfectly.
I bought the system for the Techno-Arts graphic software and drew residential house plans with the computer using early AutoCad.

Maybe someone who is a computer guru can fire it up using windows 95 compatible.

Scramboleer,
I have a vinyl cutter if you are interested. It came with a vinyl sign making computer back in 1989.
Although it is old-school, my guess is it will work for making stick-ons perfectly.
I bought the system for the Techno-Arts graphic software and drew residential house plans with the computer using early AutoCad.

Maybe someone who is a computer guru can fire it up using windows 95 compatible.
That would be great. I need to do the speedo faces for the early (1946-1950.5) rectangular speedos.

All,

Some of you have asked where you could buy the "rub-on" gauge labels described here. Now thanks to Pete, you can order them directly via the OWF store.

Here's a picture of the 1950.5 to 1951 style:
View attachment 80486

Here's the 1952 to 1956 style:
View attachment 80485
View attachment 80484

These are sold in sets of four (FUEL OIL AMP TEMP). Each set of four costs $20 total including shipping; All-Star members get a discount to $18. If you are considering restoring your gauges for your 1950.5-1956 truck, wagon, Delivery (or 1950.5 - 1951 Jeepster), then you might find these helpful.

Cheers,

Dan AKA Scramboleer
I have purchased the four rub on stickers, fuel- oil-amp-temp, but was wondering if you were still selling the back plate rub on stickers? I am needing those for the 1950.5 to 1951 for a truck. Couldn’t fine those at the store. Thanks

Hi Dwayne,
I have purchased the four rub on stickers, fuel- oil-amp-temp, but was wondering if you were still selling the back plate rub on stickers? I am needing those for the 1950.5 to 1951 for a truck. Couldn’t fine those at the store. Thanks

Thanks for the note. I just emailed you. We'll get this figured out for the auxiliary gauges. Cheers!

Back