Reproduction 1950-1956 FUEL OIL AMP TEMP gauge labels now available via OWF store

Which gauge labels would you be interested in?

• 1946-1948.5 silver-faced gauges in single rectangular assembly

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • 1948.5-1950.5 black-faced gauges in a single rectangular assembly

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • 1950.5-1951 gauge set with the 0-8 (~4") speedometer

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • 1951-1956.5 gauge set with the 0-9 (~4") speedometer

Votes: 35 41.2%
  • 1956.5-1957 (~6") single gauge assembly

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • 1958-1964 (~6") single gauge assembly

Votes: 22 25.9%

• Total voters
Looks good from here. So what's next step?

I had the design shop in San Francisco change the sample file to create five separate files that the print shop in LA can then use to make mass* production.

*Think Morgan mass production, not GM.

You might be wondering about pricing. Here it is. Cheapest if you're a OWF All-Star, most expensive on eBay due to all the fees.

1950.5-1951 Label$, OWF, All-Star$, OWF, regular$, eBay
Speedometer, 0-8$14$15$16
Oil gauge 0 50$7$8$9
Fuel gauge E F$7$8$9
Temp gauge C H$7$8$9
Amp gauge D C$7$8$9
Background FUEL OIL AMP TEMP$18$20$30

I'll talk to Pete about getting the new gauge labels on the store, but it will likely be after the Willys Rally in Moab. Also I am very happy with the quality of these, so am proceeding with developing the 1952-1956.5 version.

Last edited:
I'll include instructions with each order, but here they are for reference:

1. Make sure surface is clean and dry.
  2. Place the gauge transfer face down on the surface with the clear plastic up. Consider using tape to keep the transfer in place.
  3. Using a wooden stick or similar tool, rub small sections of the image until the entire graphic is transferred.
  4. Then gently remove the clear plastic cover. This is likely the most critical step.
  5. Optional: apply a light coat of clearcoat.

So, Dan, can you do a price for a complete restore set including the speedo, gauges background and foreground labels. I'm confused on what a total restore set in going to cost. My sense is people are going to want a 'complete' set to do a total restore of their gauges.

So, Dan, can you do a price for a complete restore set including the speedo, gauges background and foreground labels. I'm confused on what a total restore set in going to cost. My sense is people are going to want a 'complete' set to do a total restore of their gauges.

Good point Mickey. Here's an updated overview, including pricing on a complete set:
1950.5-1951 gauge label overview.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, thanks for the note. The designer has provided a sample and then tweaked it based on feedback. It still isn't quite right, so we are looking at January. Close.

Back