Reproduction 1950-1956 FUEL OIL AMP TEMP gauge labels now available via OWF store

Which gauge labels would you be interested in?

• 1946-1948.5 silver-faced gauges in single rectangular assembly

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • 1948.5-1950.5 black-faced gauges in a single rectangular assembly

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • 1950.5-1951 gauge set with the 0-8 (~4") speedometer

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • 1951-1956.5 gauge set with the 0-9 (~4") speedometer

Votes: 35 41.2%
  • 1956.5-1957 (~6") single gauge assembly

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • 1958-1964 (~6") single gauge assembly

Votes: 22 25.9%

• Total voters
Had a rattle can mixed up at a local paint shop. They matched my color. Used a self etching light grey spray primer. Let it dry for 12 hrs. I sprayed 3 lite coats so It wouldn’t drip or run. I let the paint dry for 36 hrs. Then I applied the rub-on’s. It takes a lot of patients.

Make that 8 of us! I also have a 1950.5 and am sad about my gauges. Was happy to see these labels available, but would love to see the main faceplate. From what I've seen, I'll never be able to afford a "professional" restoration of my gauges. I would be willing to pay a fair price, as I'm sure others would as well. :rolleyes:

Added a poll to the thread. It's not obligatory, but it would be helpful to see where the most interest lies. It sounds like it's initially for the 1950.5-1951 gauges (with the ~4" 0-8 speedo) as well as the 1952-1956.5 gauges (with the 0-9 speedo).

Please vote above.

I vote yes. I’ll take 4 complete sets when available. Either 2 of each or all 4 of one, but I am very interested. Thank you for doing this.

Thanks, Dan! I was trying to view this thread on my phone and could not see the Poll you were telling me about. Once I got on my laptop, easypeasy. Now, hopefully if someone is going to make the other guage backround labels (numbers) you will be able to purchase them separate from the description labels (since I've already purchased the ones available at OWF store. :)

Dan, remember when I voted, I only got 1 vote but I will want multiple sets just in case I screw up. Others have made the same comment so the vote numbers should not be the numbers to run. Just saying......

So I got to the graphics shop late Friday afternoon. Not only had they moved, but they no longer do the rub-ons. However all, is not lost. He will do the design (computer file) and there is one shop in Northern California and another in Los Angeles that still does the rub-ons.

So we'll start with the 1950.5-1951 gauges (speedo plus the four auxiliary) and go from there. Stay tuned.

Dan, you should start with the 51-56.5 since it got the most votes.....and it just so happens to be the ones I want. :)

Reactions: mjb
Dan, you should start with the 51-56.5 since it got the most votes.....and it just so happens to be the ones I want. :)

Yeah, that’s true. I only had the 1950.5-1951 here at home (my last set of 1952-1956 was 40 miles away). So I took pictures of the 1950.5-1951 and told him that a second request would soon follow - nearly the exact layout but a slightly different font.

Back