Jan 27, 2014
Osage, WY
First Name
Jared
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1958
I'm replacing the wiring in my 1958 pickup, and came across something that is making me scratch my head. :confused: I got a new wiring harness for the pickup, and it comes with new wires for the turn signals on the front (2 wires). I took the turn signal apart and found that the bulb contacts where the wires hook on are crimp-on style. Is there anywhere to get these small crimp contacts, or is there a way to rig the old ones onto the new wires? I thought about butt-end connectors to splice the old wires onto the new, but there's not enough room in the turn signal housing. Thanks!

IceBox

Bigger Hammer
All-Star
Jan 22, 2011
Hailey, ID
First Name
Joseph
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1951
Depending on the style of your lights, the bulb socket can be replaced entirely, or simply attaching new wires will suffice. On my rig I just soldered new wires into the park lights, but when I did my tail lights I found a replacement light socket for a couple bucks at the local parts store which proved to be a far better solution. Check out my build thread "Joseph's '51 Wagon Build" to see how I did it if you like.

Joseph