Willys Model
  1. Wagon
  2. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1957
  2. 1962
Hello everyone,

As an intro to the greater Willys group:

It has been a long time coming to once again be driving a Willys wagon. Back in 1973, my second year in college, I bought my first Willys wagon. It was a red 1957 wagon with a 283 small block, with the stock 3 speed. I drove it across the state in many snow storms through the next 4 years. My wife and I sang many songs while driving along together. I sold that wagon and a few years later bought a 62 wagon with the straight 6. Kids came along and we sold that wagon and bought a Volvo 245 wagon. 41 years later I found a 57 red wagon with just over 25k miles in perfect condition and bought it. Two years earlier I found a 62 Willy truck with the dump bed option which was restored 10 years earlier but not driven. So now I have two Willys and enjoy them when the weather permits.

I have always had a station wagon in my life. I own my mother and father's 1956 Chevy Nomad that they bought new and it also comes out on nice days. I also have my father’s 38 Chevy coupe that I drove in high school and honeymooned in to California along Highway 1 along the coast when my wife and I were married.

3CC40CCB-3A6F-4D8D-9364-86F79BEF4C12.jpeg77CCB6DB-C911-42E3-ACAB-DE2C94C1C105.jpegAD9377AE-855A-4AD8-894D-F9696685850B.jpeg
I have been reading many of the forums questions and answers and have had many of my questions answered. Lots of great information being shared also has me looking at what I should be doing to take care of the little outstanding details on the truck. If there is anyone out there that also has a dump bed truck, I would love to hear from you.

I am looking forward to learning from all of you out there and look forward to someday meeting some of you.

Cheers and happy new year.

RedWilly.

Welcome Ken! Nice collection. I just might steal that square body GMC and strip it for parts!!
diggerG

Welcome Ken! Nice collection. I just might steal that square body GMC and strip it for parts!!
diggerG
Thanks for the welcome.
The GMC is a ’86 and I recently installed a four bolt main 350 in front of the turbo 400 Transmission. Hoping to get it running this coming February or March. It is in great condition and with new paint and maybe a new interior should look great again.
does your ‘63 have the stock 230 Tornado engine? If it does, what air filter do you have on it? Stock one or after-market?
RW

Nice rides, welcome.
Thanks for the welcome.
I see that your truck I’s a ‘62. Does it have the stock 230 Tornado engine with the stock air filter? If it does would you be able to send me a picture of the air filter unit?
RW

Here's the setup in my '64:
View attachment 90835
Thanks for the pic. Sorry I got the year wrong of you Willy’s. So that is what it looks like. I don’t have the stock air filter and have been looking on Craigslist for Willy’s air filters and have only found ones for earlier engines. Do you possibly know of any in your area that is available?
RW

Hi Ken,

You were right on the year. The 230 OHC Tornado first appeared in May 1962.

The oil bath air filters are tough to find. Jerry DeMartile at Willys Truck Warehouse may have a used one.

Cheers!
Thanks, I’ll check that out tomorrow. Just found on the forum a section “For Sale”. Kid in a candy store now.

Back