Mar 4, 2020
Northern California
First Name
Joe
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1957
I watch Matt's channel occasionally. They are out of Southern Utah. Their off road areas are usually sandy and rocky but fairly wide open.
How they navigate the trail down to the creek and re-engineer the boulder strewn road is amazing to me. If you like this, there are sequels. Pt I was essentially reconnaissance with no Jeeping.
The Banana is Matt's recovery vehicle. As it is a Jeep Cherokee, I'm claiming relevance to our forum. Enjoy!

Pt III
Amazing they dragged it thru the creek!! :oops: :D That's gotta violate some environmental law. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
yeah, that maybe true... but Ed strikes me as a utilitarian person. Not a glitz and show guy. I believe the nugget will get worked.
I agree.
Honestly, they built the Nugget for YouTube views and not Ed's personality. I'm sure he'll be surprised and overwhelmed but upon close inspection, I'm thinking he'll realize the Nugget, Rokon and trailer are too pretty for their former life.

I agree.
Honestly, they built the Nugget for YouTube views and not Ed's personality. I'm sure he'll be surprised and overwhelmed but upon close inspection, I'm thinking he'll realize the Nugget, Rokon and trailer are too pretty for their former life.
I agree also.
I think its a catch 22 in a way.
They want to do something really nice for Ed, and they have. At the same time, they have created something so nice that Ed might feel bad if he scratches and scuffs it up.
The nugget could have gotten the drivetrain up grade, a better tub, spray bomb, and a winch. With that i think Ed would be very happy.
Either way it has been a lot of fun watching, (and learning) while the nugget gets overhauled !
Time will tell.

I agree also.
I think its a catch 22 in a way.
They want to do something really nice for Ed, and they have. At the same time, they have created something so nice that Ed might feel bad if he scratches and scuffs it up.
The nugget could have gotten the drivetrain up grade, a better tub, spray bomb, and a winch. With that i think Ed would be very happy.
Either way it has been a lot of fun watching, (and learning) while the nugget gets overhauled !
Time will tell.
One thing I really don't understand. Paul added wider axles. The tires operate outside the fenders and quarter panels. Those tires are going to throw up rocks and gravel on that million watt paint job. Don't know why no one has mentioned rubber/plastic flares?

Yup. Unless they do a stupid offset rim, (which will be hell on steering geometry), those tires are gonna "rock" the body panels. We got quite a few YJ's, XJ's and even some Samurai's on full width axles here in the "great white north". They all got rock chips, and mud sling lines up the sides. Not a one of them is "pretty", but they sure are fun !

Back