Feb 27, 2021
Elizabeth, CO
First Name
Bill
Willys Model
  1. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1963
I'm new to OWF and am working on a 1963 CJ5. I'm looking for a rebuilt 4-134 engine or someone who rebuilds them. Does anyone know of any engine shops that do this work?

Thanks for your help.

Lookout Ranch

Well Oiled
All-Star
May 9, 2015
Sierra Foothills
First Name
Kurt
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1957
Welcome, you might reach out to @FinoCJ and see if he has any suggestions. He’s not really in your neighborhood, but he is in Colorado and may have some helpful contacts.

peewee

Bigger Hammer
Oct 23, 2019
Buckley WA
First Name
Bill
Willys Model
  1. Other
Willys Year:
  1. 1949
I have found a general engine machine shop in my area and they advertize that they work on flathead engines. So to me they work on older engines. I suggest you look in the phone book for a machine shop that also advertizes they work on older engines. Hopefully not to far for you.

peewee

FinoCJ

Sharpest Tool
Aug 28, 2019
Denver, CO
First Name
James
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1958
Just saw this....I've worked with a couple machine shops in Denver area. One did my original 225v6 and did a nice job, also had some other old school stuff getting work done including a flathead 8 (pontiac maybe). They are kind of all or nothing in terms of doing the rebuild, and pricey, but quality seems good and no issues for 5 years I've been running it...working with a different shop on the current run of the mill sbc project as I am doing it a bit more piecemeal with more self assembly. Cheaper, but not sure they do flathead work. If you need/want info, just let me know. Good luck....