Gear Grinder
Feb 3, 2020
thomasville alabama
First Name
michael
Willys Model
Forward Control
Willys Year:
I need to replace the seals at the outer ends of the rear axel because the brake shoes are getting grease on them . Could someone give me the numbers of name brand seals so I can go to the local parts store to get/ order them . Trying to get one of the GIRLS working there to look for them is impossible . They have no idea what you need and don't care if you get them or not .

WA7OPY

Precision Fit
Aug 1, 2019
Missoula, mt
First Name
Phil
Willys Model
Jeepster
Willys Year:
You probably have bad inner seals, that whats tinning the grease out with 90wt and getting into your breaks...Phil

Lookout Ranch

Well Oiled
All-Star
May 9, 2015
Sierra Foothills
First Name
Carter
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
I need to replace the seals at the outer ends of the rear axel because the brake shoes are getting grease on them . Could someone give me the numbers of name brand seals so I can go to the local parts store to get/ order them . Trying to get one of the GIRLS working there to look for them is impossible . They have no idea what you need and don't care if you get them or not .
Which Dana rear axle do you have?
If it's a Dana 70, the seal should be CENTRIC 41758002

Seabee

Precision Fit
Dec 23, 2014
Mulkeytown, IL
First Name
Joe
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
FC-170 parts book: Inner seal 644254; outer 914802. Sometimes the problem is people finding that grease zerk, not knowing what it does, and pumping it full of grease anyway. The excess grease can escape into the drum/shoes.

kfnut

Gear Grinder
Feb 3, 2020
thomasville alabama
First Name
michael
Willys Model
Forward Control
Willys Year:
Hi Guys
I have been trying to get the numbers on the rear end but no luck except the little tag under a bolt holding the rear cover on It is 39 / 8 . The wife is going to try to post some pictures for me . Maybe that will help you Guys help me .
Thanks

Attachments

kfnut

Gear Grinder
Feb 3, 2020
thomasville alabama
First Name
michael
Willys Model
Forward Control
Willys Year:
Thanks Guys . I see some numbers on the outer edge on the rear . Do these tell me anything ? On mine , it looks like it is a patent number . I tried to contact Kaiser Willys but they were taking inventory . I will try again today .
Thanks

kfnut

Gear Grinder
Feb 3, 2020
thomasville alabama
First Name
michael
Willys Model
Forward Control
Willys Year:
Thanks Guys . I ordered the seals from Kaiser Willys on line . I could not have done that without the info you Guys gave me .
Thanks
Michael