Jun 17, 2016
Elk Creek
First Name
Dale
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1956
More of a mini progress update today as a few pieces finished their chroming at a new vendor I selected. I think the results speak for themselves and I'm very happy the dealer badges were able to be saved. I looked up as much of the history of that dealer as I could but there wasn't a whole lot on the interwebs. The timeframe that it existed makes it possible that it could have been a Willys dealer some time ago. Zillman was known to sell Buicks, Pontiacs, and GMC trucks according to his obituary.
:
Badges Before Chrome.jpg

Badges After Chrome.jpg

Because of the success on those parts above I headed back to the truck and stripped some more items off. Started with the headlight rings. Instead of a sheet metal screw on both sides, one had a wood screw which took a little convincing to remove. Ah the farm fixes.

Headlight Chrome Off.jpg

Also saved the mirror off the driver's side. While it doesn't appear to be a factory original, it is definitely accurate for the time period and will be restored (base is chrome, mirror head is SS). At some point it snapped in half though as can be seen in the pictures. Not entirely sure how that happened, but with just a few screws in the right sequence the rest was off.

Mirror Removal 1.jpg

Mirror Removal 2.jpg

This last picture was to remind me where the long screw goes.

Mirror Removal 3.jpg

After the removal, the pieces were taken in to be restored. Of course I will post pictures of these when completed as well.

2nd Batch of Chrome.jpg

Tilatobawillys

Well Oiled
All-Star
Jun 17, 2016
Elk Creek
First Name
Dale
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1956
Last update to catch myself up for this project. Bought some parts recently for the old FC at the Willys Reunion in Aurora. The first part was an intake manifold for the 230 and included an extra Holley carb (now up to 3). Because this intake looks a little less crusty than my others, it will get fixed/restored unless there is some huge underlying issue.

Extra Carb and Intake.jpg

Other odds and ends bought included a clutch inspection cover for the Tornado. I know these can be hard to find cause a lot of owners just took them off and chucked them to the wind. You can also see one of the last acquisitions for the Wagon in the box to the right-->a 16x5 HD truck wheel that is primed and matches my other 4 in shape/design.

Tornado Inspection Cover.jpg

Last but not least was a set of Allstate hubs (look closely for the Sears, Roebuck and Co logo beneath the Allstate). I know that I already have some hubs on the FC, but these just spoke to me when I saw them. The novelty of having something from a giant company that killed itself and was a staple of my life for many years was just too enticing.

Sears Hubs.jpg

Canukinaus

Knuckle Buster
Sep 15, 2020
Australia
First Name
Mike
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1964
Last update to catch myself up for this project. Bought some parts recently for the old FC at the Willys Reunion in Aurora. The first part was an intake manifold for the 230 and included an extra Holley carb (now up to 3). Because this intake looks a little less crusty than my others, it will get fixed/restored unless there is some huge underlying issue.

View attachment 101991

Other odds and ends bought included a clutch inspection cover for the Tornado. I know these can be hard to find cause a lot of owners just took them off and chucked them to the wind. You can also see one of the last acquisitions for the Wagon in the box to the right-->a 16x5 HD truck wheel that is primed and matches my other 4 in shape/design.

View attachment 101993

Last but not least was a set of Allstate hubs (look closely for the Sears, Roebuck and Co logo beneath the Allstate). I know that I already have some hubs on the FC, but these just spoke to me when I saw them. The novelty of having something from a giant company that killed itself and was a staple of my life for many years was just too enticing.

View attachment 101994
Hey mate, I’m struggling to find an original 2bbl Holley in Australia. Would you consider parting with one?
Mike