Please confirm the year

johnny5ive

Gear Grinder
Jun 16, 2010
Willys Model
Willys Year:
From the research I've done I have concluded that my Wagon is a '48, but that hahs recently been brought into question. It has rounded rear wheel openings and the serial number is 663 11836 I know that the grille is from a later model, but that could've easily been changed. I guess the vin tag could have as well, but it looked original when I removed it.
Willys013.jpg

willys008.jpg

willys010.jpg

The serial number falls into line for being a '48. However, the '48 had flat fenders and a flat grille with vertical spaces. The front end on your wagon (5-bar grille and creased fenders) came out in '50 1/2 and continued through '53, the 5-bar was changed to a 3-bar in '54. The round wheel well was changed to rectangular in '50 1/2.

Got no idea...just wanted no know how the leviotation device works that gets your body that far off and up the cab.

You a magician?

johnny5ive said:
Ok, so the body is pre-50 and the front end is 50-53 then?

That's what it looks like. Since the body parts are interchangable, quite a few of these old Willys vehicles have had body parts swapped somewhere along the line for one reason or another.

I think it's perfect cuz I prefer the rounded rear fender, but not so crazy about the flat front end... Guess I just got lucky.

Back