Pickup Tailgate Logo

old-bonz

Bigger Hammer
Nov 2, 2009
New Brunswick CANADA
Willys Model
Willys Year:
Hey guys, just wondering is someone could pass along the dimensions to the willys pickup tailgate logo ?
I would like the dia. of the circle, and the total height of the W . i am going to try to replicate it for my tail gate.
Thanks in advance.

Hey Wayne,
If no one speaks up by this weekend I 'll get the number for ya. I just won't be able to get the info on the board until this weekend.

splinterguy said:
Hey Wayne,
If no one speaks up by this weekend I 'll get the number for ya. I just won't be able to get the info on the board until this weekend.

Cool man, i really appreciate it, i want to get it as close to original as possible.
There is a guy near me ( 3hrs ) that has cut a few out on a plasma table, and i'am gonna get him to make me one to as close to scale as possible, then i can make one based on that pattern out of 1/2" angle.
I saw a thread on the net somewhere where a guy did this ( 1/2" angle ), He had over 100 hrs int it, once he was done, you could not tell the difference.

Here is a pic of what i'am getting.............. just need the correct size.
Thanks again.

Attachments

• DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 385
Hello,

The tailgate that I have is kind of rough but here are the dimensions that I got off of it.

The "O" is about 7.75" outside to outside, and about 6.25" inside to inside.

The "W" is about 10" tall. About 11" wide at the top, and about 2.75" wide at the bottom.

Hope this helps a little bit and good luck.

Boggs38 said:
Hello,

The tailgate that I have is kind of rough but here are the dimensions that I got off of it.

The "O" is about 7.75" outside to outside, and about 6.25" inside to inside.

The "W" is about 10" tall. About 11" wide at the top, and about 2.75" wide at the bottom.

Hope this helps a little bit and good luck.

Awesome ! that helps quite a bit, now i have what i need, thank you.

Is there anyone on here that would like one ?

I will ask the guy if he is willing to make some more, i am willing to make a one time order and ship them out to whoever needs one.

Once i get the orders and shipping info, i will be able to give you a quote.

I am still waiting on ,mine, so once i get it i will bring it to the post office, to determine shipping price.

Logo Is costing me $20/Ea + shipping here ?.

Who wants one and how many ?

I would take 2. Even going into paint. Would look great painted and hanging on the wall for 1. The other will just collect dust till I decide to install it somewhere.....

Eric B

I'll probably be interested in a smaller one once I get my dash laid out: if I end up putting a tach in too, I've thought about centering a logo above and between the two larger gauges.

But that's still a long way off for me.

Is there any chace of getting a copy of his cut file as a .dxf or .dwg?

maps_end said:
I'll probably be interested in a smaller one once I get my dash laid out: if I end up putting a tach in too, I've thought about centering a logo above and between the two larger gauges.

But that's still a long way off for me.

Is there any chace of getting a copy of his cut file as a .dxf or .dwg?

Probably not, as he would lose sales, and for those of us with a plasma table, would just make our own.

Alright, looks like we have some interest, like i said when i get mine, ( next week ) i will be able to give you guys an idea on the shipping, once that is done , i would like some some sort of deposit, or paid in full ( even better ), And i will send these off to their new owners when they arrive .
I will send pics along when i get them to show them off better, and i will leave this offer open to the board, until i make the final order ( probably end of next week ).

I should be receiving mine any day now.
For those of you that want one, could you please PM me your info and how many, so that i can properly quote you a total price shipped right to your door.

Thanks guys.

Back