Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Oct 24th

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Oct 31st

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Nov 7th

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
I am in. Will bring the M38A1 since my 48 Willys truck and my 49 Jeepster are both out of commission at the moment. Never been to Cow Mountain but have been up the Coast a lot. Looking forward to getting out on the road with a group of old Willys vehicles.

Tom

Smoke report.

The smoke has cleared considerably lately. We have about 10 mi or so of visibility. We'll have to think positive thoughts about no new fires and say a prayer for the firefighters.

I'll add that today I confirmed Mendocino Natl Forest is closed due to fire concerns. Our primary off road path is still Cow Mtn Recreation Area.

I'll add that today I confirmed Mendocino Natl Forest is closed due to fire concerns. Our primary off road path is still Cow Mtn Recreation Area.
At 8am today (9/19) the Stanislaus National Forest in a least the D6 deer zone opened up.

I’m feeling pretty good about my wagon after the recent work, so I’m more confident that I’ll be able to make this event. Probably drive the wagon to work Friday and then head over on the scenic route that evening, getting a room nearby.

It's looking like my chances of making this happen are slim... I have a couple of other October obligations that interfere and working around the clock to boot.
Pete

I’m feeling pretty good about my wagon after the recent work, so I’m more confident that I’ll be able to make this event. Probably drive the wagon to work Friday and then head over on the scenic route that evening, getting a room nearby.

Has a date been set yet ?

No date has been set as far as I can remember. The last I recall, we were discussing last two weekends in Oct or beginning of Nov. The smoke has gotten substantially better lately. The temps also dropped big time too. Mid-fifties in the morning and high seventies during the afternoon.

So once again, let's discuss dates. For brevity, I'll just mention Saturdays. There are the 17th, 24th, 31st, and Nov 7th. Make your opinion known.

So once again, let's discuss dates. For brevity, I'll just mention Saturdays. There are the 17th, 24th, 31st, and Nov 7th. Make your opinion known.
I'd vote for the 24th, just because it's likely to be cooler by then, and if we're lucky we'll have had a little rain to settle the dust, smoke and fire hazard. The 31st might be problematic for those with kids or grandkids. The 17th would work, but the forecast is for fairly warm weather that weekend. November 7 would be my second choice.

Last edited:
For those with incomplete Willys vehicles, I see a LOT of you have other Jeep branded 4x4's. I'm not opposed to having later Willys decendents along for the ride. Not sure how others feel about that.
[/QUOTE]

I just bailed on Lookout Ranch's fall aspen cruise because my back is so out of whack, but if I never had to get out of the driver's seat... Do you think anyone would notice a big tan van tagging along? Would anyone mind? I'd promise to wear as much Willys stuff as possible ;)

I'd vote for the 24th, just because it's likely to be cooler by then, and if we're lucky we'll have had a little rain to settle the dust, smoke and fire hazard. The 31st might be problematic for those with kids or grandkids. The 17th would work, but the forecast is for fairly warm weather that weekend. November 7 would be my second choice.

Okay, I just created a poll. Single choice for now. Not sure if ranked choice is available if I select unlimited choices.

As I'll be driving past your shop, I may have to tow your wagon to the meeting place in Hopland. :p;)
I might just have to do that myself. I have a car trailer there and I can tow it with my Suburban. I hadn’t considered that.
Keith

Okay! all you guys have got me thinking. I have oblications for the 31st. 3hours and 40 minutes, 169 miles on hwy 20-29 might go for the trailer.

You would be welcome but the late model drivetrain cannot make the trip?
You don't have to crawl under it. What you don't see can't hurt you. At lease both axles are passenger side drop, along with the transfer case.

Back