First Name
Dave
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1962
Hello,
My name is Dave
I was 13 when my dad gave me his old 61 2WD Willys wagon, he used them for a work a vehicle, he did home improvement.
when I got it needed some work so what better way to keep a young teenager busy.
I drove it though High School until the motor gave way.
Then in 1992 I found a 62 4WD Willys Pickup that I drove for about 5 years until the body got so bad I had to park it.
I really miss it but have kept it near by waiting for the right time to bring it back to life.
I am about ready to begin a restoration so I thought it would be good to join a group that can be friends and help me through the unknowns of this grand old work horse.
I am a car guy, I have a few other cars that have occupied my time the last few years, I have a 57 Tbird, 28 Model A and a 2000 MR2 Spyder.
The Willys is my first love and I am chomping at the bit to get started.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! How stock is your pickup?

I think you’ll like the forum. A lot of great folks and info. Just stay away from any questions about 12 volt vs 6!) :)

Welcome aboard! How stock is your pickup?

I think you’ll like the forum. A lot of great folks and info. Just stay away from any questions about 12 volt vs 6!) :)
The truck is mostly stock, the bed has been replaced with a home made bed, I plan on trying to replace it with an original bed. The engine is a flat head 6 a 1957 reman, supposedly the truck was delivered new with it. I plan on keeping as stock as I can.
There is plenty of original rust but is all there.

Welcome to OWF, any pics of the '64 to share with us?
I may have some pics of the pickup, the wagon I may have a harder time finding pics but I will look and post what I have.

Tiretrx is that your pickup in your avatar? Mine is red and I thought it would be kool in an orange.

I may have some pics of the pickup, the wagon I may have a harder time finding pics but I will look and post what I have.

Tiretrx is that your pickup in your avatar? Mine is red and I thought it would be kool in an orange.
Welcome, your avatar looks a bit like Mr. Mayhem on the TV commercial... Are going to put both back on the road
or combine the two? If you are indeed Mayhem, please stop visiting me... I have quite enough unexplained breakage..

Welcome, your avatar looks a bit like Mr. Mayhem on the TV commercial... Are going to put both back on the road
or combine the two? If you are indeed Mayhem, please stop visiting me... I have quite enough unexplained breakage..
I don’t have the wagon, it went by by in the late 70’s. I’ve been called mayhem by some. I try not to cause to much mayhem anymore.

Yes, it's mine. I really like the orange/white scheme. Turns a lot of heads.

Welcome! You came to the right place! I've learned a lot on this site and the folks here have answered some questions I'm not sure I could have gotten past without them. I went down the wormhole a few years back and have had an extra penny since! ha!

I have been searching through old photos trying to find photos of my truck and wagon. So far I haven’t found any of my truck but did find one of the 61 wagon and a couple others my dad had.
The first one is from August 1951 and my oldest brother and sister are shown with it, taken in Atlantic City.
The second is my oldest brother on his wedding day with me, in the background is the wagon I would get a few years later. Taken August 1 1964
The third photo was taken July 25 1953 at Camp Shaw, not (sure where that is)
You can see I grew up the Willy’s wagons.

.97CA5EAD-D08A-49FD-A556-5600FF3230CF.jpegE0B4B004-D2EA-42DC-A2FC-64569B3DF28A.jpegBE7A889F-A6DB-43A3-9517-BB993C1AC520.jpeg

I have been searching through old photos trying to find photos of my truck and wagon. So far I haven’t found any of my truck but did find one of the 61 wagon and a couple others my dad had.
The first one is from August 1951 and my oldest brother and sister are shown with it, taken in Atlantic City.
The second is my oldest brother on his wedding day with me, in the background is the wagon I would get a few years later. Taken August 1 1964
The third photo was taken July 25 1953 at Camp Shaw, not (sure where that is)
You can see I grew up the Willy’s wagons.

Camp Shaw could be : ( https://campshaw.org/history/ )

Great pictures! They tell quite a story.

Back