Newbie from Utah

cw pup

Gear Grinder
Dec 29, 2009
Syracuse, Utah
Willys Model
Willys Year:
New guy to the forum from Utah. I have always been a fan of willys trucks and wagons and now it's time to restore one. I acquired a '51 wagon a couple of years ago. The body on this wagon is in really good shape with no rust through anywhere except the tailgate. It really is a rare find. I plan to re-power with a Buick 225 odd fire, keeping the traditional T-90/Dana 18 combo with a warn overdrive thrown in. I plan to use it for around town driving, slow since I am considered "old" by some people (my kids) and on weekend rides up on some non severe dirt roads in the mountains where we have rec property. We paractically live up there in the summer. I want it to look nice but not so nice that I"m reluctant to use it.
Lookin forward to conversing with you Willys fans on this forum and I plan on uploading some pics of the progress. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions for you all in the future as I take on this project. Go Willys!

cw

Welcome to the forum!

Look around a bit, there is alot of discussion on using the original drivetrain with a V-8 (usually not a good idea), but all these old guys can tell you more!;)

I'm happy to welcome you here for Willys Therapy...Fixing the Tail Gate isn't to tough a job, I did mine without buying the after market fix...I look forward in reading about your project. I believe in driving my vehicles.

Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement on the tailgate. I always say, "aint nothin' I can't do". Might not look the best but I did it.

cw

cw pup said:
New guy to the forum from Utah...

Welcome to the forum CW... Looking forward to your updates. I'm just north of you in Hailey ID.

Pete

Hi Craig,

It was great to talk with you on the phone a few minutes ago. Welcome to the forum too. I will bring the Willys bumper with me in May! I look forward to seeing your project too.

MB

Welcome aboard! It's a pleasure to have you join us and the Willys "addiction". Plenty of good knowledgeable members here to answer all your questions. Have yet to aquire my classic. Currently on the hunt for one!

It's good to see someone from Utah on the forum...
I'm living in Ogden for a few years while I wait for my wife to retire from IRS then we will move south near Fairview.
I'm retired with a car trailer...will work for :beer: Utah maybe that should be milk and cookies ;)

Back