Oct 27, 2021
Martinsburg, PA
First Name
Pau;
Willys Model
  1. Aero
Willys Year:
  1. 1954
IMG-2972 (1).jpgIMG-3082.jpgI acquired a very nice condition 1954 Willys Aero Lark sedan last winter. It has 161 cu in F-head engine, three-on-the-tree manual shift transmission. I have driven it some, and she purrs like a kitten. So far, I have managed to get the windshield wipers to work, and the hood springs stiffened to allow the hood to stay open. Normal oil change and filter, all seems well there, no oil burn when driven. To do? Clutch is notchy, grabby, probably needs replaced soon; small oil leak, perhaps from rear main seal, which might need replaced; rear springs sagging a bit, can be re-arched; steering vague with play, haven't investigated what is worn there; horn just recently quit working, suspecting relay. Otherwise pretty darn good-looking and running car. I expect to bring it up to snuff over this winter.

Uhh ohh....looks like Vintage Don has some competition! A garage so clean it looks better than my living room, and a floor so nice you have to take your shoes off to work on your Willys! Nice car, man. Welcome!

Welcome aboard, any idea on what transmission and rear are used in these?

Are they in the 45-50 MPH crusing range?

That is a really nice example. Enjoy your project.

Back