New Jersey
First Name
Bob
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
Hello -

I've inherited an early 1960 split windshield Willys wagon from my Dad. I learned how to drive on this one back in 1967. It is currently being extracted from the springtime mud in Vermont, and needs a LOT of body work, brakes and exhaust, but at least it runs. (well...it did 2 years ago !)

I'm sure in time that I will have many questions, and I thank you all in advance.

The forum looks like a great place to live vicariously for a while as it is going to take some time to move it from one state to another.

regards....Bobjeep photo.JPG

Welcome to the forum Bob from another Jerseyite. What part of NJ are you from? Hope all goes
well with the transport of the wagon. Keep us posted and let me know if I can help in any way. Roy

Welcome back, also in NJ.

Good luck on your project.

Welcome back Bob. I guess some things are worth taking your time with.
Rodney

My pickup might have to come on a trailer.

But if you have a local cruise night you go to might be able to swing by one time and check it out.

I'm NW NJ, stereotypical NJ, EXIT 12 off Rt 80. My shop is in Mt Olive, but I travel all over at times, not too much south jersey, but regularly in Piscataway, Clifton, Totawa and trips to DE around the 295 corridor every 2 months.

Andy & Tim -

Yeah, my wagon is not roadworthy at all.
It is a basket case that I am going to start for the first time in 10 years.
I just ordered some oil filter inlet/outlet hoses as my Dad, for some reason, removed the oil filter cannister.

Would be happy to meet up sometime this Spring.
Tim, if you are NW NJ, then the Dead Man's Curve Hot Rod Show at the Warwick Drive-In on May 22nd might work out.
Andy, where are you ? I am in the Butler area.

Here is the link to the show:

Attachments

• IMG_7145.JPG
    IMG_7145.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 9
We do electrical maintenance shutdowns on the weekends. Almost every weekend is booked but will figure out a date and time.

Says Butler is 38min from the shop. 54min from the house, not too bad.

I might have you beat, I have yet to get the chainsaw warmed up to get mine out.

It did not run when parked.

I started my frame off in 1996. Made progress in 2003, then it stalled out and has been in storage for the sheet metal parts and the frame has been out, but was there in 2019 where it's stored and found that tree growing around the frame.

That tree was not there when it was parked, its grown in to the frame, don't think it's hurt any thing will most likely make it a door stop for the shop.

I'm completely satisfied with the Willys it will run again sooner then later.
Screenshot_20210208-205459_Dropbox.jpg
OWF has been a great place for motivation. Mine will be up at my home shop this year 100%.

I'm outfitting my shop right now and making room finishing off a few other projects.

Bob,

I'm your next door neighbor in Kinnelon.
So probably 5 minutes at most.
I have a 51 wagon purchased in Sept. 2020. A 56 pickup and a 62 pick up purchased 2 weeks later

Wagon is being rebuilt. Other are on the waiting list.
Let's meet up and talk shop.

Back