New Member in Colorado

Brickhauler

Bigger Hammer
Jul 13, 2010
Elizabeth, CO
Willys Model
Willys Year:
Hi,
Joined the forum recently, I have had a good time reading everyones posts. I bought my first Willys Wagon in 1974 when I was 15 years old. I paid $300 for it and my friends and I towed it home. My mother was not too happy to see it arrive. It took me awhile to get it going but I drove it to school for 2 years. After I graduated, my mom talked me into trading it in on a Ford pickup. I always regretted doing that. Looking back some of my best memories from that time of my life revolve around that old wagon, either working on it with my buddys or driving it someplace. I have bought and sold a few Willys trucks and jeeps over the years but never kept any of them very long and never got another wagon. Until now that is, last fall I bought what I think according to the vin is a 59 wagon. I didn't get a title for it. It had been sitting in a garage since 1987 with the engine disassembled in the back of it. It is 100% original right down to the paint and in great shape. I planned on putting a Chevy V-8 in it like I did to the one I had in high school but I don't feel right about modifying something that survived unmolested for so long. So, yesterday I was looking at craigslist while I was waiting at a doctors office and saw an ad for a 62 that already had a 283 in it. I called the owner and he lived fairly close to where I was at so naturally I had to go see it. I wound up buying it for $1200. It has been in his family since 1963 and its in pretty good shape. He stopped driving it about 6 years ago due to a leaking freeze plug. I'm going to get it this afternoon, I'm turning into a Willys farmer. I have 59 and 62 Wagons and 2 trucks, one of the trucks is a 1960 with a Olds 215 aluminum V-8 and the other one I bought just to get the 226 engine and radiator for the 59 wagon I think its a 1960 as well. I'm considering selling that one.
I am going to get some pictures and try to get them up this weekend.

Pete

Founder/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 17, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
First Name
Pete
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
Welcome to the forum, looking forward to your pics-

Pete

62 OlllO

Well Oiled
Oct 19, 2009
Georgia
First Name
Kevin
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1962
OK, whats the deal with all these members from Colorado? Look's like we should have a Willys convention in the high country...I'm in Georgia and shipped my Willys from Colorado....welcome to the forum.