Albright, WV
First Name
Mike
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1955
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the approval. My Name is Mike and I reside in West Virginia. My Willys is a 1955 pickup with a 6-226 engine. This Jeep has been in my family since it was new. My great grandfather purchased it new and it has gone down the line from there.

My father and I did a frame off restoration around 30 years ago. It's over due for another one... 3 years ago he passed away and I was recently granted possession of it. I plan to take it back to its glory days by restoring it once again.

I look forward to learning tips/tricks and where to find the missing correct parts for this bad boy from the group. It seems when we did the restoration there were some original parts missing and my dad decided to just throw whatever he could find at it.

Mike

I have some work that needs done for sure. I would like to get it back as close to stock as possible. I wish I would have been older and wiser when my dad and I restored it the first time. Wish we had the internet back them too....
We all wish we knew then, what we know now.

Looks great, that thing is cool.

Welcome to the forum.

Any other family members going to be helping out on the next restoration?

Looks great, that thing is cool.

Welcome to the forum.

Any other family members going to be helping out on the next restoration?
I have two boys in their 20's that are very interested in helping on this project. They both have lots of attachments to this Willys. I almost ran one of them over on a four-wheeler with it.... long story, but he's obviously safe.

I have two boys in their 20's that are very interested in helping on this project. They both have lots of attachments to this Willys. I almost ran one of them over on a four-wheeler with it.... long story, but he's obviously safe.
That's great.. hope you guys have a fun time.

Back