new guy

unbuck

Gear Grinder
Mar 21, 2010
columbus,GA
Willys Model
Willys Year:
im a FNG ive got a late 40's wagon 2wd three on the tree. trying to get some ideas for my ride.its in ok shape usual rust in rear panels.i also have a cj2a(doesnt run) and cj7(DD).im looking to make my wagon a DD within a couple of yrs.im looking forward to all the ideas and help

Welcome Justin
You'll find lots of great guys and gals here with tons of information...
What sort of plans do you have for the wagon???
4x4 with blown big block or 2wd 4cyl......it all fits here :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

im thinking of doing a chasis swap im just not sure which donor rig to get.i want somthing 90's or newer, fuel injection bc this will be my DD.and can be had a reletivly cheap price (2k or less)any suggestions??i saw one guy streched a rubicon frame i just dont have those skills yet so maybe somthing already at 104 wheelbase.but what about the width of frame rails and tire/axles?

Justin
I'm an old timer.....points and condenser type of guy....what is EFI :?: :?: :?:
Just kidding...I am an old timer who is just looking into the swap thing myself....I have used v-8 adapters with the T-90
I've been thinking of using a chevy k-5 blazer this time, but a good friend of mine is telling me to look at some of the smaller wagoner type jeeps from the 80's...he has used them a few time on his Willys and loves them.

How about it fellow forum friends......heres a good chance to put in you 2 cents worth.

unbuck said:
i actually just found this site http://www.wx4.org/to/wagons/usefulstuf ... anger.html it has some good specs maybe u can use too.im already finding stuff and only been on this board for 2hrs!!!! i have delt with the carbs on my cj7 to long and just switched it to EFI i dont want to deal with it again until i get my cj2a back to original.

Saw another post here the other day and they mentioned this site there...got into lots of ideas about axel, engine and transmission stuff...good luck.

Justin,
After reading all posts here, I still don't know if you are looking to keep it 2WD or do the whole swap to 4WD chasis. Anyhow, if you're thinking of keeping it 2WD, the popular thing to do is to swap in a Mustang II front sub section. You get the disc brakes, with Rack & Pinion steering. I think it's a pretty decent way to go, if 2WD is the main plan. As usual for me though...my two cents says keep it original. :D Save the monster V8 swaps for silly things like S-10's and Pintos. ;)
Steve

aquawilly54 said:
Justin,
After reading all posts here, I still don't know if you are looking to keep it 2WD or do the whole swap to 4WD chasis. Anyhow, if you're thinking of keeping it 2WD, the popular thing to do is to swap in a Mustang II front sub section. You get the disc brakes, with Rack & Pinion steering. I think it's a pretty decent way to go, if 2WD is the main plan. As usual for me though...my two cents says keep it original. :D Save the monster V8 swaps for silly things like S-10's and Pintos. ;)
Steve

Got to agree.....MustangII is one of the best ways to go 2wd....smooth ride, great handling, easy to install, disc brakes,rack and pinion.......but the fun of a Willys wagon is 4x4 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Welcome fellow Georgian!!! This hobby isn't necessarily inexpensive but it sure is fun...

unbuck said:
...im a FNG...im looking forward to all the ideas and help...

Welcome to the forum Justin-

Pete

Back