Kinston NC
First Name
George
Willys Model
  1. Other
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
Howdy,

I am here hoping for some information. I have come across a NOS Willys control cable and I'm hoping to find out what vehicle it may have been used on. It is a T handle cable with a mounting bracket that would have been fastened under the dash panel. Perhaps an add-on. The T handle has "Cruising Gear" molded into it and highlighted with white paint. Laying with it was a tag that I think would have been tied to the cable with string. The tag has "Willys Motors, Inc. Toledo, Ohio Sole Source of Jeep Vehicles and Parts" printed on it. Just below that is printed "803539 O.D. Control, Group 17-22"

I have had no luck in finding that part number anywhere. I'm thinking that maybe this was part of an upgrade kit to install an overdrive unit on something. This was found in an old business that was a Willys dealer in the late forties and into the early sixties. Any ideas?

If this is not an appropriate place for this I'll apologize and move on.

Welcome aboard, George.

I can't find that part in the parts manuals, but that's not saying anything other than I can't find it. Can you post a picture? I am wondering if it's for a Willys Aero.

I'm assuming this cable is for a Borg-Warner overdrive, and likely was for a Willys Aero or other car.
Pete

thanks for the welcomes and the info. This must be an add-on that wasn't used very often.

thank you for the replies and the welcomes. I have pretty much struck out on a definitive application for this. I was hoping it might be what someone needed to finish their project. I will set it aside and maybe try again next year.

Back