Sep 19, 2017
Addison, TX 75001
First Name
Joe
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1951
I just purchase a 51 Willys PU that is all origin it is a driver not show truck. I want to keep it as original as possible unfortunately i am 6'1
and 250, I need to change the seating and I am looking for bucket seat sugestions. My second question is regarding disc brake conversion I will only consider them if they are truly a bolt on and does not modify the vehicle any one wit experience with the conversion?

howdy from ks. I put in a seat from a early 2000s dakota. it is the bench but goes in in 3 parts and each seat is individually adjustable. great fit. a few holes and bolts done. no special brackets or anything needed. i have a center console with cubby and cup holder.

Last edited:
SAM_1080.jpgSAM_1079.jpg
These are the only photos so far I need to get
the emergency brake working so I can get a
Texas Inspection and Title

See what Pivnic did to his truck so he could fit, as I remember, he makes you look short ! lol

Thanks dahreno Pivnic's I like the bucket seat set up looks like it would work for me.

What a beautiful truck... I'm only 5'11''... I used an early Dakota bench seat.. I used 2x2" spacers under the seat to
gain leg room.. It all fits pretty well, except for belly to steering wheel... I'm working on that with sit ups... Seventy
years old and I still have to exercise.......Life ain't fair... The 2x2 spacers also improve access to the under seat storage.Willys 6 24 14 004.JPG

Looks great you did a nice job, another good idea, I'm 6'1 270 and 75 i'm down from 6'3 and 365 I lost the 95 in 14 months, another 50 and i should fit just fine. Just be happy you can still exercise. I have my wife convinced that "Our Toys" are what keep us young.
Thanks for your advice.

Thanks it's a driver 134 4 cylinder F head engine runs great. Right now parking brake and getting my big butt behind the wheel and getting comfortable on the peddles is the priority.

I had sorta the same problem when i bought my 51... i sold off the stock bulbous bench seat....IMG_1488.jpgIMG_1489.jpg....and seein as i am right at 6'0 tall but thin instead of tall and...um....Big!.....IMG_1451.jpgIMG_1453.jpg....i have long legs and needed legroom as i did not care to be folded up tighter than a japanese pretzel in order to drive my 51 truck! I made custom angled seat risers...IMG_2934.jpg ...to gain leg room and to be able to get to the box under the seats this has worked so far as after 3+ years the truck is on the road driving around town so will see how well that does in the long term.

Larry

Larry,
Looks great thanks for all the information, can you tell me what the seats came out of they look very comfortable, its hard to judge by the photo can you also give me the dimensions for the risers? I know its asking a bunch but it would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Joe

Back