Oct 27, 2013
Beckley, WV
First Name
Brian
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1954
Just wondering if any of you guys have taken the time and skill to make a .dwg or some other print drawing to make a new rear floor for a 1954 4x4 wagon ? I'm talking from all the way from the front of the seats to the tailgate with the cutouts for the fender wells and the side notches around the pillars and fuel filler hump ? Mine's either from Switzerland or Jerusalem........ can't tell it's so bad.(Swiss cheese / holy) . I just want to fab a 2 piece repair out of flat 1/8" stainless plate or 3/16" aluminum and worry more about strength and functionality instead of show quality. I plan on braking up 4 to 6" on the sides and maybe doing some through bolting and attach to the outer quarter panel skins I'm gonna make. If you guys can hook me up I'd appreciate the heck out of it and even wouldn't mind paying someone for this drawing - provided it's to spec. If not, I'll get us one made - but it will be spring before I will have the time probably due to working a lot of O.T. .....but hey, a man's gotta make money to buy Willys parts !! I appreciate all of your guys inputs and tech posts. My wife is feeling really neglected in the evenings because I spend a lot of time reading all of these posts ......ALL OF THEM. I might be caught up on these by spring also.

Johnny Mac

Precision Fit
Dec 17, 2012
Castro Valley, Ca.
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1956
I use AutoCad all the time Brian, but I don't have any of the dimensions. If somebody can get me all the dimensions I can produce a file for us all to use. It's a pretty cool idea. These things turn out to be living documents with refinements added all the time
Cheers!
Johnny Mac

hoghead936

Gear Grinder
Oct 27, 2013
Beckley, WV
First Name
Brian
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1954
Yes they do Johnny Mac ! An they are an artistic interpretation of the builder. I'll take measurements when I get everything gutted out of mine this winter. We'll see how my CAD drawing works out on the measurements and I'll change/modify as needed in case I make a boo boo for the first one (mine) and then post to share with everybody ...... or if anybody gets to it sooner , I'd sure be the guinea pig and see how well their ruler works ! I wish I would have had a digital camera/computer/cell phone when I was younger and taken more pics of my 4x4 projects and kept better files, drawings and ideas.......not that they are always good - some for humor. Thanks !

Jinx

Sharpest Tool
Apr 19, 2012
Wisconsin
Willys Model
Willys Year:
There's a thread over on z Pirate 4x4 where a guy was replacing a wagon floor in a very professional looking manner. I think the title is " circle the wagons " or something like that. Anyway, I think he was able to purchase the bottom bed panels out of a 2000-something Silverado and they looked really close to original. He got it in two halves, split down the middle so he could adjust width and just position the fender well openings. He may have some measurements as well.

hoghead936

Gear Grinder
Oct 27, 2013
Beckley, WV
First Name
Brian
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1954
Thanks Jinx I'll join that ZPirate4x4 foum also and see if I can find that thread ! Google has already directed me there a few times.