timd32

Bigger Hammer
All-Star
First Name
Tim
Willys Model
Pickup
Willys Year:
At first I thought this was a Fleetvan, not sure what exactly it is if anything, or it a custom build. Either way my 2yr old loves it, so there is hope for future kids to relive their youth out maybe years to come with some old iron.......

Slide1.JPG Slide2.JPG

Mark W.

Sharpest Tool
First Name
Mark
Willys Model
CJ
Willys Year:
I think I know where what's left of an early FJ3A the little one 80" wheel base. The briars grew up to tall to see it. Oh well last thing I have time for another project.

timd32

Bigger Hammer
All-Star
First Name
Tim
Willys Model
Pickup
Willys Year:
There is a 60's pickup around the corner from me I've lived here 7yr, it's a solid rust color. Just hangs out back, comes out every winter goes away in the spring for its summer slumber in the bushes, gets hard to see.

I'm going to stop in at some point and see what's the story maybe in the spring when they do the town wide yard sale.

Wife is not going to allow that in sight, but there is room on the back side of the garage....

bkhart

Bigger Hammer
First Name
Benson
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
What happened? Last couple of months have been promising for buying someones"project" or making headway on your own.

timd32

Bigger Hammer
All-Star
First Name
Tim
Willys Model
Pickup
Willys Year:
Yeah I was keeping on eye on a trailer at a local place in their inventory since Feb, wasn't quite ready to buy it right then, I need one for my business as well so it was all lined up in my mind anyway. Kinda a custom job, deckover 22' tilt bed, can use it to move some of the equipment we handle.

COVID hits of my 21 employees only 6 of us stayed on full time, did not lay anyone off but wound up working way too much March-May, everyone is back full time by mid May, went to pull the trigger on that trailer and found out they were not updating their inventory sheet so on May 4th found it was not stock, I ordered that, they said 8 weeks, that's like July 9th, so almost here, made some progress payments to spread it out a little bit.

In the mean time I finally found a decent machine to take back some of the property from the prehistoric weeds that had grown up, picked up one of those DR walkbehind brush cutters, so been messing around with that.

So most likely will need to move my stuff out of that storage place by the end of July which will be here before we know it. Should get started by the end of July with something.

So should have a build thread for my 2WD PU by mid Aug.

I need a break for sure, it will be a fun project. I've been helping on the home front to save my wife from dealing too much with going out, good news is our son is getting pretty big now he's like 8mo old so thats getting a little easier and a better schedule. Also have a almost 3yr old. Wouldn't change any of it.

Looks like my time slot for projects will be the early AM like 5AM to 7AM before work starts in the AM, if I can do that a few times a week should be in good shape for the fall.