Moab 2019- 10th Annual Willys Rally- official thread

What makes you say that.?.... Did you attend the rally..?... if so what were you in..?

Larry

What makes you say that.?.... Did you attend the rally..?... if so what were you in..?

Larry
Nah, he just thinks that scruffy guy in the passenger seat is funny lookin' ... ;)
Hey Larry, PM me your address, got something in Moab for you and your buddy I forgot to give you.

Still haven't washed it, and I'm driving it up to Big Bear for an "adventure vehicle and van"show this weekend. More rain in the forecast as well. Wish I was taking the Willys but it'll be a week or so before I get the needed parts to run. Then I'll try dragging DimWatt, cwdtmmrs and maybe gpzkat out for a local Willys trip!
BTW, did I mention that I call my Wagon "Sugar"? After seeing your T-shirt in Moab I'm guessing you'll make the connection.
Call me whenever bud. Lets get outside!

Call me whenever bud. Lets get outside!
Will do! If you ever get back on a mountain bike you could come ride... gpzkat is coming up today for a Blackstar cruise.
But at least let's plan on a Wrightwood or Big Bear excursion!

Ok for those of you who are interested in the 2019 Willys Rally in Moab UT .....i have finally been able to post pics onto Google drive.....

.i will also be posting few videos on Youtube as well.....

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15V5g5RkAz484FqJ1BRsITY1KD3UGqgpW

I took some pics first day while driving in my 51 truck on the Fins n Things trail......but 90% of the trail pics were taken on the second day ...as i was riding as a passenger.....so you get to see what exactly i saw from my vantage point..!!...while we were traversing Hells Revenge......this was my first time out to attend this event and doing any sort of 4 wheeling ...ever..!! in my 51 truck..or otherwise..!!...which i promptly damaged front leaf springs previous day on Fins n Things Trail ......there are 140 pics showing you just what the Hell you might or will be encountering out on the trail)s if you do decide to come out and dare to risk running the trail with us ..!! other then couple of small treacherous spots on both trails .....most of it was not real bad though seeing as stock trucks and wagons were keeping right up with the rest of the group

.For those who have not yet attended this event.....you need to do this at least once even if you dont take your vehicle out on the trail you can still ride along with somebody....for me it was a Hell of a Blast and alot of fun....!! with lessons learned this trip... I am already preparing for Moab 2020...!!!

Larry

Last edited:
Will do! If you ever get back on a mountain bike you could come ride... gpzkat is coming up today for a Blackstar cruise.
But at least let's plan on a Wrightwood or Big Bear excursion!
When my bucket of rust runs, there will be frequent Anza Borrego runs. Taking notes of who to pester with DMs when the time comes. Ha

Duane

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nah, he just thinks that scruffy guy in the passenger seat is funny lookin' ... ;)
Hey Larry, PM me your address, got something in Moab for you and your buddy I forgot to give you.

Hey Bob ...

Okay received the postcard you sent... Thank you..!!
IMG_20190619_133123004.jpg

And yes the vehicles are mostly correct...I do own a 51 Willys pickup and he does own a 54 Dodge Power Wagon.. however the postcard shows a Power Wagon pickup whereas he owns a Power Wagon box style truck.....IMG_0700.jpg........ which is simply known as a Dodge M152 Canadian Radio Communications Command Vehicle. ... of these only 1000 were built as shown ... this was based off of the M142 ambulance which is essentially the same truck ..
only changes were to add the side windows and change rear door from double to a single ...and swap motors going from the Tornado 230 OHC to the 251. The Army took bout 100 and the rest went to Canada ....with the Army trucks having the 230 OHC in them and not having the gasoline box heater or the cold start pump. had 5.83 gears and top speed of ...38-40 MPH.......Eveeentually..!!

Larry

Last edited:
Back