Aug 1, 2020
Georgia
First Name
Gregory L. Olson
Willys Model
  1. Other
Willys Year:
  1. 1958
Just became the owner of a 1958 M38A1 in June.

Always wanted a vintage jeep since high school as I had a good friend in HS that had a '41 Willys and we went everywhere in that thing. Literally! I remember once being chased by a deuce and a half and we went up a very steep hill thinking he couldn't make it up the hill. He did! Turned out he just wanted to see the jeep.

So, this year I purchased my M38A1 from a gentlemen in AZ and had it shipped. It is beautiful but needs some work. Body and drive train are all solid. Drained all the fluids and replaced them. Some leaks but not bad at all. It was converted to 12 volt and I have added turn signals, new gages, new tires, seat belts, all new wiring, and currently in the process of changing to electronic ignition.

I am not a purist, but want it to look good but mostly to be FUN! I am not disappointed. I have recently almost finished a restomod on a 1975 MG Midget and between the two of them (Matilda and Stonewall), my retirement is busy.

Looking forward to participating in this forum and looking for some advice, which I will request later outside of this intro.

Thanks allDSC00615.JPG

Welcome.

If you have removed any genuine military parts from your a1 to "civilianize" it, we should discuss whether you want to sell said parts. I have a heavily civilianized '53 a1.

Yes 54 Wagon Ken. That is what the wife is afraid of :) . They said the same about MG Midgets and still looking for #2.
Thanks 52 M38 Kurt. The stock look makes it and definitely turns heads!
Thanks Stakebed. Once I get a little further along, I will absolutely tell you all about any spare parts.
And thanks Scramboleer for the welcome.

Back